Plant sex ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb2006

Reaction score
I have all female plants im my flowering room and thats what i took clones from, but two of the clone now flowering are male plants. not herms but balls all over the place. What makes this happen. I didn't think this could even happen. did I do anything wrong. Oh and yes they were my teo biggest plants :confused: :confused: :confused: I know the pics are not so good but Figured you would like to see anyway i will take more afte lights are out.I know they are male and cut them down already

100_2235.JPG

100_2237.JPG

100_2238.JPG

I really don't know how this is possible. A clone is a genetic copy of the plant it comes from. If you clone a male you get a male, if you clone a female you get a female, if you clone a hermie you get a hermie. I'm assuming you already know that though. I will be really interested to hear an explanation to this, hopefully someone with some insight can answer.

cadlakmike1 said:
I really don't know how this is possible. I will be really interested to hear an explanation to this, hopefully someone with some insight can answer.
hhhmmm. . :confused:

now ive heard of feminized seeds turning into herms or males. during veg if they have had some sort of shock, or deficiencies. i wonder if there is a possibility of this happening with a clone.

annarko said:
now ive heard of feminized seeds turning into herms or males. during veg if they have had some sort of shock, or deficiencies. i wonder if there is a possibility of this happening with a clone.

I dont use any nutes on my clones till they are about 2 or 3 week old, but I guess anything is possable.but yeah i dint think it was possable that why i was wondering. kinda makes me mad becaues thats like 4 ozs lost. my two biggest plants. Thanks for the insight.

No problem man... ill do some pokin around and see if i can find any info on clones turning male. ill let you know

ps. it seems that the males are always bigger... i know the 2 i pitched from my crop were a lot healthier looking than the female

Well from what i have read in the last 10 mins or so, it is impossible for a clone to turn completely male they can go hermie from stress. so unless you cut those clones from a male they would at least be partly female even if they have had lots of stress.

:yeahthat:..like I said, it's really not possible for a female clone to turn completely male.

Well maybe it was part male and fem i dont know how to tell herms apart from a male. I guess either way I dont want any guys pushing up on my ladies. im the only man for them lol. Time to start over and make sure i get all the male or herms out thanks for the help!!! :D

Latest posts

Back