Planting Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daverenich

Reaction score
I sprouted my seeds a few days ago and planted them today...; I planted them into potting soil to start with.. the potting soil was more of a mulch type of soil... i was wondering if the seeds will do good in that or will they not grow.. last year i used black soil... but i didnt realize it untill i bought the crap.. and another question i planted some of the sprouts upside down... will they come up?
thanks

i dont know if planting them in mulch is necessarily the BEST thing, but i know its not the greatest. Any soil would do, even the miracle grow. if you want to go with something good though (and i dont know where you live so you may not be able to acquire it) try FOXFARM. I wouldn't go to home depot PERSONALLY because a guy i talked to said the soil there is real cheap and filled with bugs. Weather its true or not, i dont know. im sure a lot of people on here use home depot's soil with great results.

but yeah foxfarm and some other soils are top of the line, hopefully someone else on here can elaborate.

I've never seen fox farm but i've heard of it, where can i buy it?

it was miracle grow.. it said potting soil with feed included in it so i figured i would try it.. its like mulch type of soil... i guess well c

Uhhhh i get foxfarm from a hydroponics store in my area. some nurseries have it. If you dont mind me askin What Area do you live in Jsxventure?

That miracle grow with feed included isnt a great soil at all. i heard a few people did okay with it, but its a strong dose of feed. that stuff is real rough to work with. Try getting something without the feed in it atleast. try and get straight soil. then you can feed your baby yourself. REMEMBER THIS THOUGH!!!! NEVER!!!!! over fertalize your plants with what is recomended on the bottle. see if you can atleast get some miracle grow that doesnt have that feed included feature.

Try the expert potting soil at wallmart Come in a blue bag with the moisture crystals or in an orange or pink bag without. It is great soil has just a trace of nutes to help get them started and its half what the miricle gro soil is. If you cant find or afford foxfarm try this. I have had great success in the past germinating seeds in it. 95% or better rate. Plant the seeds in it and keep it in a dark place untill the sprouts start to show then move to the light. If it starts too dry out on the top use a mister bottle and wet it good. After about 4 days the seedlings will start to show and you can move it into the light. I have had the mandala #1 come up in 48 hours in it. Good luck. Slim

Why even bother with these commercial soils with time-released nutes or poor quality chemical nutrients already in them? When you plant your seeds you want full control over their nutrient intake from the start, and when you're growing with miracle grow or some other popular, commercial medium you won't have any of that at all.

Get an organic soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Then you can start feeding them nutes as soon as you want with a much better suited ratio for the healthiest growth possible. You might be able to find it at a local nursery and if not you can always buy it online.

Here's a site that has it: http://www.planetnatural.com/site/ocean-forest.html

okay, there's a place called Maryland hydroponics in Laurel. I dont know how far away from that you live, but if its close enough to you, you could give it a try. You could also look in the yellow pages for a hydro store, or a nursery and try giving them a call. I live in california, so i'm not familiar with the east coast at all, but their website says they have it.

Hi there. Welcome to MP. It's good to have you here. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj like a pro. It's also filled with members that are more than willing to help you out in any way possible. Make sure to read, read, read. This site has a ton of information that will help you but you have to be willing to look through the site and find it for yourself. Make sure to do your research and it will answer most of the basic questions that you will have. The Resources tab at the top of the page is a great place to start. It's good to have you here and I hope to see you around the forums sometime soon. Until then, take care and be safe.

sweet dude i'll check out their prices, and its not that far of a drive to laurel. i appreciate it! :]

Latest posts

Back