Please help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfergie100

Reaction score
i am a new grower and i and growing with a 400 watt hps and i am usin fox farm fertilzers and my buds are not growing in dense the aokay i am using organic soil bought at a cub foods there in a 5 gallon bucket um its like 80 in the closet plants are really tall and there are yellow dots on the leaves on the bottom and middle of plant and some of the big fan ones are yellowing and falling off and the tips curl downward only a couple buds are turning dense on the plant and looking crystaly been flowering for 6 weeks and you can see threw the buds like there are long hairs and thats all the buds really arere not dense at all what could be the problem

well we need a little more info to help you. What type of soil are you using? What are your temprature and humidity? How often do you water? Also could you post a pic of your plant and setup.

I use a 400W HPS and Fox FArm also and i have had great results, so hang in there.

well you definitely have a magnesium deficiency and it sounds like you are using a shitty mix if you are only using soil you're soil is probably too compact but it is too late to transplant. It also sounds like your light was too far away from your plants making them stretch. Too bad you didn't do your homework you could have been looking at a big harvest!

the light was only 18 inches above it and i gave the plant cal-mag because i thought that might help the problem but its not

i think one of the seeds was a swag seed and the other was a dank one and the dank one kinda is a little dense but not much the buds are just mainly stringy with hairs

Hi there. First of all, welcome to MP. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj. It's also filled with members that are more than willing to help you out in any way possible. Make sure to read as much as you can and it will answer most of the basic questions that you will have.

Some pictures would definitely help us to diagnose your problem correctly. We need to know all the specs on your grow. Do you know what strain or is it bagseed? Is it more sativa or indica? Sativas can take up to 14 weeks to finish flowering so that may be your problem. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

some of the buds are starting to have the hairs turn brown on a couple buds and i have grown before i used fox farm soil and did everything the same and had great buds ill try to get some pictures tomorrow

It sounds like you have a magnesium, manganese or potassium deficiency. With manganese, the young leaves show the symptoms first, then it progresses to the older leaves. Do you have yellow colored spots or rust colored spots? Magnesium def will have rust colored spots on the leaf margins and tips and sometimes the veins will yellow. A few pics would be really helpful.

I know you said you are using fox farms, which is good stuff. But how often are you watering/fertilizing ?

Often, the proper nutrients are in the soil, but the root enviroment is too wet. Are you letting the soil dry out between waterings?

Post some pics if you can.

there are yellow dots on the leaves on the bottom and middle of plant
.. I smell bugs!... :eek"
Inspect the underside of the leaves "closely", preferably with a microscope. Tell us what you see ;)

i water every day or every other day switching from the fertilzers one day to water the next

so i should space a feew more days inbetween watering and i have put cal-mag in the soil witch should reverse the deficentcy wouldn't. Do you think that the buds will be able to fill out and turn into some good buds

I don't think there is any need to water every day is there? You need to let them dry out completely in between waterings. This stimulates good root growth and expansion. One thing though, don't speak of selling pot. This site is dedicated to the cultivation of mj for personal use, not for commercial sale. You should also do what Hick suggested. It could be some sort of infestation. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I smell a bad farmer :rolleyes: anyways indoor soiling growing aint for the faint hearted dang sure of that and by what you said watering everyday you may even have root rot :doh:

when i transplanted into a 5 gallon bucket the roots looked healthy to me they were all white and looking healthy i had it in a 2 gallon bucket and i pulled it out and it was in the shape of the bucket and none of the soil fell out

i mean some times i water every other day ill get some pictures on her tonight or tomorrow i hope these buds fill out and get dank

In 5 gallon buckets, you shouldn't have to water every day or every other day. Let them dry out completely before your next watering. When they start to wilt a little bit, it's time to water them. Pick the bucket up so you can judge how heavy it is when it needs water so next time you can just pick them up to see if you need to water. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe.

jfergie100 said:
i mean some times i water every other day ill get some pictures on her tonight or tomorrow i hope these buds fill out and get dank

First of all I would like 2 welcome u 2 M.P......As A New Grower I would Suggest u focus on trying 2 master the art of growing......Everybody enjoy's the thrill while having the anxiety of watching the plants gro, and at the same time hoping 2 produce massive buds....I've been growing for 5 years and still sometimes run into problems....And I stayed on the computer doing research....My point is... even if u don't get peak production......at least u had the experience of growing without the dissapointment if u don't get the yeild u expected..( try again).

little brown spots often are caused by bugs like HICK stated earlier....

Pic'x would be nice as there are alot of experienced growers that can assist u .....

Remember.... A better explanation = a great diagnosis

how much should i water them i have two plants in both 5 gallon buckets i normally give them both half a gallon is thta about right

How tall are your plants....... Maybe your humidity is to high if u are in the flowering stage and need watering every day or bi-daily.......The humidity should be around 20 - 30 in flowering......Your plants should get on average...1 Gallon Soil to every Foot of growth.....In the next watering....wait 4 the soil 2 completly dry out and then water your plants until u start 2 see the runoff comming from the bottom of the medium.....1/2 a gallon is not enough water ....

Latest posts

Back