please help: Still Sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
Here is my sick plant after one week of flushin its even look worste than before.. i dont know what wrong with that plant? tha others seems fine!

i tried every thing with it.. but still from worste to worste..

what should i do with it ? im in week 6 of flowerin and i have 2 more wwks to go..

the leaves are curling,driying,yellowing,some brown gray spots.. this problem in the beginning was only with the lower leaves then it started to spread to the middle untill now its reaching the top..

every thing in the grow area is pefict ( temps,lights,ph..etc)

please help

29022008.jpg

29022008(004).jpg

29022008(005).jpg

29022008(002).jpg

29022008(001).jpg

29022008(006).jpg

29022008(003).jpg

Have you been flushing it for a week?? :eek: i hope not thats way too much watering man shes probably drowned by now. When doing a flush you water the plant with 3 times the amount of medium you have ( 5gal potter gets 15gal of water for a flush) then it should be left to dry out and the pH checked of the medium, run off (after flush) with all of the discoloring thats going on it looks like it could be over ferts and over watering. Your not using any nutes when you did the flushing did you??

EDIT: It is normal for plants to lose some leaves when they are nearing the end of flowering, this is because the plant starts using the sugars it has produced and stored in the fan leaves, Ive also noticed that when some added nutes are used some of the dying leaves will also brown in spots.

Hey there Red_SS,

I'm going to play a hunch here. Does your soil have ferts added to it from the manufacturer ?
When you have ferts that have been added to the medium right off the get go from the manufacturers then flushing would not help at all, in fact it would make things worse cause you would just be causing the release of more of the ferts if you think about it. I have that very problem going right now.
I'm concerned for you on this cause you are so close yet so far from harvest.
I don't want to see you lose anything. The answers to this type of problem that I have read up on is that your best off to allow the soil to dry up a lot, but not to where your girls are dying from thirst.
I think that at this point you might want to talk to some of the premier growers here, and ask what you can do to minimize the loss, and salvage something outta this deal.
Myself, I will never use a pre-fert potting soil again, I'm going back to blending my own soils which always worked great for me with my exotics.
Good luck bro, I will think many positive thoughts for you and yours.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Dubbaman said:
Have you been flushing it for a week?? :eek: i hope not thats way too much watering man shes probably drowned by now. When doing a flush you water the plant with 3 times the amount of medium you have ( 5gal potter gets 15gal of water for a flush) then it should be left to dry out and the pH checked of the medium, run off (after flush) with all of the discoloring thats going on it looks like it could be over ferts and over watering. Your not using any nutes when you did the flushing did you??

EDIT: It is normal for plants to lose some leaves when they are nearing the end of flowering, this is because the plant starts using the sugars it has produced and stored in the fan leaves, Ive also noticed that when some added nutes are used some of the dying leaves will also brown in spots.

Thanks Dubbaman.. im not flushing for a week lol.. i ment i flushed the plant one week ago.. and i didnt use any nutes of course with the flush

KingKahuuna said:
Hey there Red_SS,

I'm going to play a hunch here. Does your soil have ferts added to it from the manufacturer ?
When you have ferts that have been added to the medium right off the get go from the manufacturers then flushing would not help at all, in fact it would make things worse cause you would just be causing the release of more of the ferts if you think about it. I have that very problem going right now.
I'm concerned for you on this cause you are so close yet so far from harvest.
I don't want to see you lose anything. The answers to this type of problem that I have read up on is that your best off to allow the soil to dry up a lot, but not to where your girls are dying from thirst.
I think that at this point you might want to talk to some of the premier growers here, and ask what you can do to minimize the loss, and salvage something outta this deal.
Myself, I will never use a pre-fert potting soil again, I'm going back to blending my own soils which always worked great for me with my exotics.
Good luck bro, I will think many positive thoughts for you and yours.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thank you KingKahuuna.. i really appreciate you coming by helping me.

yeah the soil have some frez but it only last for 3 weeks!! the plant in that soil for almost 2 monthes i think the frez is gone? any way many growers recommended the flush to lose frez from soil.. also the others plants in the same soil and they'r doing fine!!

Hmmm sounds more like a bit of panic now, and the flush may have released the ferts too. i say this because Ive never really heard of a brand that only feeds for 3 weeks. If its any of the miracle grow line, that stuff can feed for up to 3 months, and the result of the flushing would cause that to your plants because of the time release nutes. IMO so long as the mediums pH is stable (6.3-7.0) and your not feeding any blooming nutes (not that you couldnt, but till shes showing signs of improvement i wouldnt)or overwatering, id just sit back and :watchplant: to see if she recovers in time.And lets get that girl a bit of MOJO to speed her along the path to a recovery.

imo u need potassium. ive had the same prob and used wood ashes and it solved it thank goodness. new growth will show good but the damaged stuff i would chop it

forget said:
imo u need potassium. ive had the same prob and used wood ashes and it solved it thank goodness. new growth will show good but the damaged stuff i would chop it

Thank you buddy.. is there is any specific kind of nutes that only give potassium to plants..

Do you suggest that its better to chop the plant now in week 6?

red_ss said:
Thank you buddy.. is there is any specific kind of nutes that only give potassium to plants..

Do you suggest that its better to chop the plant now in week 6?

i used wood ashes. mix it with water, a handful for one gallon and it should work miracles. be careful to watch your ph as potassium increases it. Your leaves wont recuperate but new growth will be fine, your old leaves are only harming at this point the whole plant, so either cut the discolored part of the leaf or chop it off.

Given that you are in week 6 i would still chop but try to leave as much as you can, most important thing is to cure the def. GL

Latest posts

Back