Pleasssee (I'm begging) Advise.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BongBombshell

AKA 'smokin hottie'
Reaction score
My eight sweet babies have been in flower for four days on a 12/12 cycle. Today I accidently left the main room light on and the door to my closet cracked (4 inches).....this light is a dim overhead light with a plastic cover. I noticed it was on about 4 hours into the dark cycle. Most of the grow area remained fairly dark with only a streak of dim shaded light infiltrating my garden.

Did I blow it........will they go hermie on me for sure????? I really hope not......they are beautiful right now.

Is this grounds to tear down and start over.........please advise me!!!
Thanks in advance to all my stoney friends!!!

WHOA cowboy, SLOW DOWN! Tear down the whole operation??????? I'm in my first grow too man, and I dont know whether inturrupting the light cycle in such a fashion will hermie em, but I do know it'd be a shame to waste all the time and resources you have invested so far.

you will be fine just dont let it happen to many more time okay..and how about some pics of the Lovely Ladies? Thanks for shareing

I know it seems harsh to tear them down but I would hate to waste more time if they is a high likelyhood of hermies.............I may me a LITTLE paranoid, but that is why I was looking for advice.

Thanks to all who lend it!!!!!
Much stoney love to all!!!

I'm 2 days into flowering from bagseed and am hella nervous about finding males. I'm prayin for five girls, would be happy with three out of five, and worse case would settle for at least 1 girl. Are you from clone or seed?

I started seeds (Misty) they were five weeks into vegging when I started to flower. I am hoping for at least 4 out of eight to be lovely ladies!!!! I am hoping by next week I will beable to tell sexes......

Well GL man. You have an advantage on me by virtue of genetics, but my five beauties are lookin good so far. Get some pics up for us

I am going to post some pics tomorrow......during the next light cycle......they are quite lovely and tall!!!!!

Yo Ho BongBombshell,
Naw, you didn't muff it. Allow this to be a part of the growing for you too. We all learn by trial and error.
Just put them back into their flowering schedule, and be positive about it.
Think those are just too beautiful for words, my, my, my are they gonna be heart breakers for sure, think in the positive.
It would take repeated times of this happening to stress them to the point that they go hermie, but also remember that plants can go hermie, and you will swear that nothing could have done it. Stuff happens right.
you'll be ok.

smoke in peace
kingKahuuna :cool:

Friend-of-a-friend said:
I'm 2 days into flowering from bagseed and am hella nervous about finding males. I'm prayin for five girls, would be happy with three out of five, and worse case would settle for at least 1 girl. Are you from clone or seed?

If I had 5 out of 5 female from bagseed, I would be REAL concerned that they were hermie seeds. So, all females (especially from bagseed) is not necessarily a good thing. :D

You should be fine! Don't by any means pull the plug on your grow! Post some pics of your ladies so we can see what we are working with. I have made much bigger screw ups than that, and there has never been a situation where I haven't been able to turn things around. Go back to a normal 12/12 schedule and be a little more careful. Good luck, and lets see some pics of the girls!

i agree with the hemp goddess.be looking for hermies or you will be growing seed,not weed.

I had bagseed when I started growing and grew some good crops with it. All were females and I never got any hermies. I was sold the MJ a little cheaper than usual because it had seeds and I heard the grower had one plant go hermie in his grow and polinated other plants. This usually results in feminized seeds. They can have a tendancy to become hermies but not necessarily.

Old Bud said:
I had bagseed when I started growing and grew some good crops with it. All were females and I never got any hermies. I was sold the MJ a little cheaper than usual because it had seeds and I heard the grower had one plant go hermie in his grow and polinated other plants. This usually results in feminized seeds. They can have a tendancy to become hermies but not necessarily.

These are not feminized seeds, these are hermie seeds--there is a big difference. If you used hermie seeds and did not get hermies, you were just lucky. As Hick said, hermies procreate hermies--like Andy, I also throw away any seeds that I find in my bud. IMO, this is not a characteristic that we want to perpetuate.

Latest posts

Back