Pot Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idunnowhatsgoingon

Reaction score
I'm currently using 2 three gallon containers for my grow now. The room is big enough to very very tightly squeeze 3 of them in there. My question though, is what would be the ideal container size. I know there is a rule of thumb that for every gallon of container you will get a foot of growth, but is there any exceptions to this rule? I would like to get four plants in the room next grow, but I didn't know if shape and size would seriously effect yield.

its all depend on a strain , but usualy is the golden rule " 1 gallon +/- foot "

You can grow a 3 foot plant in a 5 inch container. I don't remember who it was on this site that did it, but someone experimented with it and grew a beautiful plant in the tiniest pot. The point is is it all depends on how you are going to grow the plant, the type of plant, if your using nutes, soil, hydro etc... if you are totally new at growing, then this is a decent recommendation, but don't take it as rigidly true. You have infinite possibilites man

easier way would be to get square pots and pack them in their. just get ones that are a little taller.

I would go with the taller pots as well, or you will get rootbound in a hurry.

It's not how many plants can fit under a light, But more how you use the ambient light to it's fullest. You can have 10 plants under one light or 2 plants and still get 5-6 ounces in the end. It's just utilizing the light to it's fullest..........................;)

here is a 19 inch tall plant in a one gallon pot, VERY ROOTBOUND, this plant is roughly a month old.
100_0013.jpg

Latest posts

Back