Pre-Harvest questions!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
Remember, this is my first time..:eek: My plants are getting close. N Lights #5, about 22 days into 12/12.
By the numbers:
1). my book says to stop ferts 2 weeks prior to harvest. How do I know 2 weeks in advance when I'll harvest???
2). I'm giving 'em molasses as well as ferts. Can I continue molasses up until harvest? (PS I like the molasses, thanks people for that tip).
3). I think my top buds will be ready sooner than the lower ones due to lighting issues. Can I harvest the top and let the lower ones continue growing, and if so, how exactly?
4). I forget what 4 was for.

thanks all:hubba:

P8140004.JPG

P8140006.JPG

looks like a 8-9 week harvest time. so you'll just have to look at trichs and go from there around the the 6th week or so. maybe someone can tell you when or about when with this strain.

22days into flower??? too good to be true..

yes you can Harvest in sections....take the branches that are ready for you and leave the ones you want a bit more amber...If you Harvest her and leave some smaller lower branches on her you can reveg her again...its cool..

two weeks is a best geuse and own prefrance...I get my trichs to 40/60...and flush at that point..then let dry for the two weeks..yes she starves finish product is around 50/50...i like to stay awake and be energized...Good luck and keep us posted

if it was real they'll look nice.. 3 weeks with colas like that is **. i have been flowing for about 6 weeks now and they just barely formed full colas.. 400watt hps food and everything...70 post..haha you'll learn

I've Been Flowering For 6 Weeks And My Colas Are Just Getting Big.wish Those Were Mine.super Plants.looks Good

well I'm telllin ya the times are correct. Started 12/12 on July 22. I've noticed that these seeds have done everything faster than "the book" said they would..I'm thinking that maybe at 6 weeks they'll be over the hill.

Keeping an eye on it and experience with the strain and your grow room are the only true ways to know for sure when to start your 2 week flush, everything else is a guess but an educated one ;)

The rule of thumb I follow for new strains (I'm talking the hybrids not pure sativa's) is to take it 2 weeks longer than what it says on the breeder pack and to start my flush at 8 weeks. Worked so far and once I have the strain dialed in I can go back and look at my records and then I know for sure what I should be doing. Good luck man let us know how it goes.

Tom O'Bedlam said:
well I'm telllin ya the times are correct. Started 12/12 on July 22. I've noticed that these seeds have done everything faster than "the book" said they would..I'm thinking that maybe at 6 weeks they'll be over the hill.

Don't get too anxious...sorry, but IMO, that is pretty normal bud development for plants 3 weeks into flowering. She is going to put on a lot of weight in the next 5-7 weeks. The breeder's flowering times are only estimates. I have grown several strains that took what the breeder pack said, some that took longer, but none that took less time. The only really acurate way is checking the trichs. I do think that you have 5-7 weeks left.

i_love_amsterdam said:
Hey tom, when did you start applying molasses? How do you apply ai?

I started it about 2 weeks in to 12/12 after someone recommended it from another thread. 1 tsp /gallon added to Tiger bloom mix used every other watering. Maybe you can use it every time, I don't know. here are some pix from today, 27 days into 12/12:D

Hemp Goddess if what you say about it putting on weight is true then you just made my day.

P8170004.JPG

P8170003.JPG

Tom O'Bedlam said:
I started it about 2 weeks in to 12/12 after someone recommended it from another thread. 1 tsp /gallon added to Tiger bloom mix used every other watering. Maybe you can use it every time, I don't know. here are some pix from today, 27 days into 12/12:D

Hemp Goddess if what you say about it putting on weight is true then you just made my day.

Your girls look healthy and happy. I am quite confident that you are going to have a bountiful potent harvest.

:giggle:This is the one time you guys do not complain about your girls putting on weight...:giggle:

Keep taking pictures for us.

Man Tom you are in for one hell of a ride. The last 3-4 weeks are the craziest, its like the sit there and do nothing for a while and then WHAM you get this crazy explosive growth towards the end. The last 2 weeks are crazy and they pack on lots of weight.

just so long as they don't grow 2 feet or anything...no room in the box.

I meant more like bud growth like girth. lol sounds dirty give your forearm a flex and thats what I'm talking about lol.

Tom- they look beautiful. Do you know the breeder? A couple of seed banks have a 6-7 wk.NL; maybe you got a fast one!

Capone said:
if it was real they'll look nice.. 3 weeks with colas like that is **. i have been flowing for about 6 weeks now and they just barely formed full colas.. 400watt hps food and everything...70 post..haha you'll learn

I hate to tell you this but it is not Tom, that has the problem, this is what your plants should look like in about the 3rd - 4th week of flowering, if your plants look like this at 6 weeks then you have a major problem in your technique. I don't understand how you can possibly talk garbage and tell the guy he is lying when I see nothing at all out of the ordinary in his grow. So next time you make a comment you should probably do some research first, look through some grow journals or something as you will see that most HEALTHY plants will look just like this at this stage.

Great Job Tom, but like other have said you have to use patience now. When you first think it may be done, give it another week with just water

Good job, and pay no attention to the hecklers

Latest posts

Back