Pro Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcarlin_818

Farmer Gill
Reaction score
What up MP?I try to stay out of this area but here I am again.My plants are in their 5th day of flower I bought a digital ph meter and it worked great.I went to cali for 1 day I came home and Bam the meter said it was like 7.7 I freaked and immediatley adjusted the level but it wouldnt go down at all....I drained my res cleaned and filled with fresh water and nutes figured out my ph meter is broken..So now im using a color coded drip tester and im at about 5.5-6.0 today I went in when they woke up and notice that on 3 of my plants they were yellowing on the tips and sides.I'm using 1/4 strength nutes im very lazy when it comes to watering i do it when I remember mostly like 2-3 times per day for 15 minutes each.I'm using a drip system with hydroton and rockwool any suggestions on what is happening???? Thanks in advance,

Get a timer and set up a proper watering schedule. Also large ph swings are really bad for you plant. Next time if your Ph is 7.7 try dropping it to 7.0 one day then 6.0 the next, no more than 1.0 each time. Ph scale works kinda like the Richter scale. Every .1 move up or down is equivilant to the solution being a 100 times more basic or a 100 times more acidic respectively. I'm sure you can see how a ph swing of 7.7 - 5.5 is a big deal. That would make the 5.5 solution 2200 more times as acidic as it was 8)

thanks for the reply tater.what would you recomend as far as watering schedule? on a drip system, rockwool medium -Hydroton.

I'm not sure a hundred percent sure, I've never grown that way before but I know their are a few hydro guys here that have used the drip method I'm sure someone will step in and help us out.

From what i've been reading putting it on a slow and steady drip 24/7 should be no problem. If overwatering looks to be happening either put the drip on a timer say every 30 minutes to start or increase drainage. Either way you should be fine. You might want to cover the top of the medium with black and white poly or something to blockt he light and prevent algae growth.

One Love
Tater

thanks dude I just noticed that I have some white powder on my rockwool so im going to be doing some h2o2 cleaning but last time I used it and my plants burned so im a lil scared i have a 40 gal res but im only using about 30 gals. hpw much should I use this time??? sorry for bombarding you with questions man i really apprecite it...

I've never used h202 before but I can remember seeing a thread about it in the forums here somewhere, I bet if you searched h2o2 in the forums search bar you'd find a bunch of stuff.

Glad I could help, and covering your rockwool with that double sided poly or any light blocking material should solve that white powder mildew problem you got.

thanks Tater ill do that im gonna buy some double sided poly today...

Latest posts

Back