Pro Mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siegalsmoker

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if any1 had used this soil before, and what kinda nutes did you add in the diff grow stages...

Is any1 growing b-52 or ice?

What levels of n-p-k should i use for veg and flowering? I also have to transfer them into the pro mix from MG moisture control...When I transfer them can i add nutes right off the bat or should i wait?

Me and promix are best friends. Add some organic nutes and maybe a little more lime, and you too will soon be going bowling and having long walks in the park with promix. CH

personally... I don't add any more perilite, lime, or anything else for that matter, to the promix...

it is just fine on it's own... I only add nutes like regular (veg and bloom nutes)

no one can tell you what to use and how much of each and when... you have to discover this yourself... it's all trial and error....

siegalsmoker said:
Just wanted to know if any1 had used this soil before, and what kinda nutes did you add in the diff grow stages...

Is any1 growing b-52 or ice?

I was supposed to growing ice this year but the site i purchased from isnt currently stocking nirvana products. so im going with the northern berry (northern lights X blueberry) ... Deff. let me know how that ice turns out for ya!!!

on taking them out of the MG soil... what I would do is rinse all the MG soil off the roots... (under WARM water - you don't want to shock them any more than they already r gunna be from the transplant)... VERY carefully... just try to get as much of that stuff (mg soil) off as you can... I mean... it doesn't have to be totally cleaned off... just mostly ;)

the NPK values differ between brands, so just get a nute specifically for vegging, and a diff one for blooming

I use it and love it, sure its a 40 minute drive each way to get it. In my smaller pots I wouldn't add anything to the soil. In the larger pots I was considering additional perlite but am holding off till the end of this grow to decide. For nutrients I use Fox Farm, no complaints.

A great pick for some top notch soil. Definitely go with that from now on. As for the ferts, there are lots of good ferts out there so you have many to choose from. I hope to see some pics in the near future. Good luck and grow it big. Take care.

hey, pro mix along with metro mix holds water well....the only thing id say is to watch for overwatering. and fert when the leaves on the lower branches start to yellow...

Promix HP(high porosity) is the best soil there is imo. Very light stuff, no need for additives and roots go crazy in this stuff. I'm trying some Promix Organic atm but i'm definitely going back to the HP.

I'm with BBP, in that I think Premier Pro Mix HP is the best for MJ.

I used to use Sunshine Mix #4, but have since switched to Pro Mix and will never leave.

my ULT donor mothers, that I'm flowering now, are about 9 months old now... the 3 gal pots they are in r nothing but a mass of roots growing in some Pro Mix. MJ loves this stuff.

the only prob I found is... the larger the pot, the more chance of overwatering there is, cuz this stuff saturates a great extent... it HAS to be left to dry out completely between waterings....

Mr. Bubbles said:
I use it and love it, sure its a 40 minute drive each way to get it. In my smaller pots I wouldn't add anything to the soil. In the larger pots I was considering additional perlite but am holding off till the end of this grow to decide. For nutrients I use Fox Farm, no complaints.
saved me alot of typing....my drive is about 30 miles each way though, i added alittle perlite

Latest posts

Back