Problems with vape pens. Expert Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it with the titanium buckets but they have quartz and sic buckets and a variety of exposed coil type atomizers.
Pairs best with a voopoo drag if you can find them,the drag 2 is ok but not well built not sure of the third gen.
I use it for on the road at home I use a quartz enail through water.
1680973612044.jpg
1680973611523.jpg

Edit for the whatver mods they are selling on the site will work.

Ok, I just snagged one of these what do you suggest for it to be hooked up to? I like my puffco for mobile use, home rig that also vapes flower will be nice.

Bubba
Pay attention to the coil material they use. They offer SS, Nickel and Titanium for the coils. Those support temp control. Kanthal does not. Also pay attention to the watts they require. You will likely need way more than a canna device delivers. You will need more than 20watts and your device will need to handle sub ohm resistance.
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product-category/coils/sequoia-coils/

I would ONLY run nickel and titanium in temp mode. SS can be run either power mode or temp mode. Kathal is power only but some devices may claim they can run kanthal in TC mode but its bullshit. Temp is controlled by changes in resistance as the coil heat/s up. Kanthal stays the same or nearly the same ohms so it cant do it accurately. SS is not great either at temp but some devices do it quite well like DNA based. Nickel is excellent in temp mode. VERY accurate.

99% of all vape carts sold have push on locking caps. CCELL does make screw on cap carts for end users but they can be a pain to find. When you do its often either a huge package or a couple plus high shipping costs.

The push on cap CCELL carts come in a plastic and a glass tube so be real careful when trying to rip them apart. To my knowledge Yocan makes devices but not carts.

BTW many companies that sell carts sell a syringe with distillate or CO2 distillate. I wont vape FECO/RSO type extractions using ethanol. I can get good CCELL carts locally and just fill them myself. They last a couple more fills than the throw away carts.
Bit confused on which coil to choose? Any guidance?

Bubba

I use kanthal in my flower coils.
Usually 22 or 24 gauge on wattage at 51 watts.
The nichrome coils in the bucket provide excellent, consistent temp control which is why I use them.

I would ONLY run nickel and titanium in temp mode. SS can be run either power mode or temp mode. Kathal is power only but some devices may claim they can run kanthal in TC mode but its bullshit. Temp is controlled by changes in resistance as the coil heat/s up. Kanthal stays the same or nearly the same ohms so it cant do it accurately. SS is not great either at temp but some devices do it quite well like DNA based. Nickel is excellent in temp mode. VERY accurate.
Mine said "titanium" don't know exactly what they are referring to.

Mine said "titanium" don't know exactly what they are referring to.
That's the material the bucket is made from.
It is heated by a ceramic disc underneath it which is heated by a nichrome wire.
Unless you bought the exposed coil type which suck anustart.

Bit confused on which coil to choose? Any guidance?

Bubba
Ive never used it but stainless is the most versatile. It works in any mode. Nearly any half way good ecig device will do nickel temp control very very well. The coil thats best for you will depend on what you are using to power the tank. The tiny pen batteries aint gunna cut it

Titanium is good at temp control and most ecig "TC" devices should support it also.

Ive got the early version of this. Yihi builds a great mod usually. They are built very very well and are super accurate in temp mode. The power mode is called jules instead of watts but for the sake of discussion its more or less the same.

Great sub $70 mod, you just need a good 21700 battery to go with it like a Samsung, Sony, LG or Molicell. DONT BUY JUNK Liion batteries
https://www.elementvape.com/yihi-sxmini-sl-v2-mod
Liion wholesale has all authentic batteries and they ship fast. Bought from them many many times.
https://liionwholesale.com/collecti...authorized-distributor?variant=15913210675294

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/new-sequoia/
I use these with the titanium buckets.
Last forever tastes great smooth can set to temp control and just simple to use and works with thick products.
Ok, my titanium sequoia came today. Now I need a top rated box-mod-heater-battery thingie. So far, I have only looked at the Voo Poo ones.

Usually when I get into something like this, I develope a pile of useless "attempts" to finding the right one. Holsters come to mind.
Would like to get a really good one that matches the quality of this Sequoia device. It's built like a swiss clock!

Bubba

I use kanthal in my flower coils.
Usually 22 or 24 gauge on wattage at 51 watts.
The nichrome coils in the bucket provide excellent, consistent temp control which is why I use them.
So I should pick up the kanthal bowl for sequoia for vaping flower? It came with titanium for general use, concentrates and so forth

Noticing that the big nice batteries are reasonably priced, so would like one that runs them, so it should have plenty of power
with the Sequoia.

New to this, just starting the learning curve, so any advice is appreciated. I had rather cry once and have a good usable rig.

Bubba

The kanthal is for something completely different.
Get a voopoo as the chip will work in temp mode whereas most others will not.
Wattage is ok but the Cadillac ride is temp control.

TC works by sensing the change in ohms as the wire gets hot. Kanthal doesnt change resistance as it heats up so TC with kanthal is not even remotely as good.

If you want accurate temp control use nickel or titanium. Nothing else is even close but some mods do SS very well depending on the grade of SS. Such as 416 is not that great but 304 iirc is fairly good. The TCR value of the wire material can usually be adjusted manually to get a more accurate reading.

ONLY RUN TITANIUM AND NICKEL (Ni200) IN TEMP CONTROL MODE

Last edited:
Ive got the early version of this. Yihi builds a great mod usually. They are built very very well and are super accurate in temp mode. The power mode is called jules instead of watts but for the sake of discussion its more or less the same.

Great sub $70 mod, you just need a good 21700 battery to go with it like a Samsung, Sony, LG or Molicell. DONT BUY JUNK Liion batteries
https://www.elementvape.com/yihi-sxmini-sl-v2-mod
Liion wholesale has all authentic batteries and they ship fast. Bought from them many many times.
https://liionwholesale.com/collecti...authorized-distributor?variant=15913210675294
Ordered the Yi Hi recommended, and a VooPoo drag 4. The collection has started.
Now to figure a good rosin press that doesn't break the bank.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back