Purple or something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1692641963057.png

have been having this problem for about 5 years now.
I am convinced it is a new type of Phytoplasma...possible viroid or bacterial infection ....maybe a cross vectoring from leafhoppers carrying aster yellows, purpletop .etc or other known phytoplasma types.
Definitely not a deficiency or cold related in any way..
Insect vector of some sort...leaf hopper or mite/aphid...?
Starts almost always at flowering onset usually mid end of july and peaks mid august.
Begins on the growing tips and then proceeds to spread down the stem infecting other nodes along the way..you can actually see the threads of anthocyanin/purple traveling along and down the stem spreading internally from the infection point.
Very severe stunting and black purple anthocyanin build up..tastes terrible wont burn right etc..
i have used systemics to control it...and it will grow out of it after treatment...but i always remove it completely as soon as i see it anywhere, to prevent possible further spread.

have been having this problem for about 5 years now.
I am convinced it is a new type of Phytoplasma...possible viroid or bacterial infection ....maybe a cross vectoring from leafhoppers carrying aster yellows, purpletop .etc or other known phytoplasma types.
Definitely not a deficiency or cold related in any way..
Insect vector of some sort...leaf hopper or mite/aphid...?
Starts almost always at flowering onset usually mid end of july and peaks mid august.
Begins on the growing tips and then proceeds to spread down the stem infecting other nodes along the way..you can actually see the threads of anthocyanin/purple traveling along and down the stem spreading internally from the infection point.
Very severe stunting and black purple anthocyanin build up..tastes terrible wont burn right etc..
i have used systemics to control it...and it will grow out of it after treatment...but i always remove it completely as soon as i see it anywhere, to prevent possible further spread.
So what was used to control it, I never seen anyone cure it

I was just reading at THC Farmer where those pics came from. And I said everything i read is exactly what your were saying about the Leafhoppers.

I was just reading at THC Farmer where those pics came from. And I said everything i read is exactly what your were saying about the Leafhoppers.
I remember this from an old post I posted on another site where someone had the same.
Just could not remember the name.

Too many different answers!!!! LOLOLOLOL

NY is where the storms that have hit Massachusetts generally come thru so she likely is having moisture and humidity issues like I am. We have had historic and frequent rains here. I had to remove a couple buds from an auto I have outside because of bud rot.

NY is where the storms that have hit Massachusetts generally come thru so she likely is having moisture and humidity issues like I am. We have had historic and frequent rains here. I had to remove a couple buds from an auto I have outside because of bud rot.
I will talk to someone on my end..

Latest posts

Back