Purple or something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger rot. Keep your hands away from your face. Don't have hands in pants. Good heavens, I've never heard of that one.

Here is another plant. Is it a male?
Also another photo of the one with the issue. It's the only top on the plant with this color variation.

Screenshot_20230822_102548_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20230822_102600_Messenger.jpg

Just because you saw the purpling why do you call it bud rot?
Does not look like any bud rot I have ever seen. LOL
Yep go with bud rot .
Im done

Bud Rot, Bud Rot, Bud Rot. Nanny nanny boo boo. 😂 😂 😂

Could be a brand new Purple Bud Rot :eek:

Second Case: Stress from bud rot, bug infestation, extreme temperatures, etc.

Certain illnesses, infections, or problems can cause parts of the plant to turn purple. For example bud rot, a bug infestation, and exposure to cold or extreme temperature changes.

These leaves turned purple because of bud rot, which means there is mold growing in the center of the affected bud (common with very thick buds). Buds affected by bud rot are not safe to smoke and should be thrown away.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-do-some-buds-turn-purple-and-why-that-might-not-be-a-good-thing

Roster,,,,come back Roster,,come back 😁

Second Case: Stress from bud rot, bug infestation, extreme temperatures, etc.

Certain illnesses, infections, or problems can cause parts of the plant to turn purple. For example bud rot, a bug infestation, and exposure to cold or extreme temperature changes.

These leaves turned purple because of bud rot, which means there is mold growing in the center of the affected bud (common with very thick buds). Buds affected by bud rot are not safe to smoke and should be thrown away.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/why-do-some-buds-turn-purple-and-why-that-might-not-be-a-good-thing

Roster,,,,come back Roster,,come back 😁
From now on I dont give 2 shiits. Screw the plant

ts most likely a virus, and there really is no treatment for it that I know of. Best thing you can really do is try to make the plant as healthy as possible, and proper PH. Theres a place that tests for several viruses, and it costs $250. Im thinkng about havint some plants tested. It would probably be worth the money, but its not a sure thing that what they test for is the problem. Heres a link to a place that tests. Theres a 10 Tesst Minimum. $250.

I am dealing with this issue in the north east. I can't find any answers, and it's not good purple. The bud turns out crunchy and dried up. I want to know more about this phytoplasma virus, and how would you treat that? enzyme spray?

Hey.. one question are u growing outside? Because I kid u not ALL5 of my plants had this crap also.. just in the growing tops... I'm pretty sure it's a fiorm of botrytis.. black spot mold.. no b. S. When I saw your pic. That's exactly what mine looked like at, but as they have started to bud , they have not been so susceptible.. how by I fixed it was by going over every leaf and top and if u see it. Cut it out.. I probably threw out a quarter on Each plant.. I still find the inner branch tops infected sometimes... I put a big fan outside in my garden and I also used pure crop one

@Ganjier
If you are not to busy go read this thread
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/***-buds-turning-black-and-purple.23116/

Written by a guy named

Jmaes Mabley​

Those guys were all over the place. Nobody can seem to agree.
Go figure.

Latest posts

Back