Question about autoflowering plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Sup everyone. Quick question. What's the longest you've let your auto plant go?

I got some diesel ryders at 56 days which means I got 7 days until the recommended harvest time(65days). But I want the 60%amber:40%milky ratio. My trichs are mostly cloudy with some clear. I would say I have a 85%cloudy:15%clear ratio. And if i'm lucky I'll see a light brown, amber, or a cloudy trich turning amber. So I'm guessing I should harvest at 77+ days?

Stop worrying about the days,,,use your Trich color to decide on your Harvest time. The days mean nothing if your Triches arnt where ya want them.;)
You answered your own question right here..
I want the 60%amber:40%milky ratio
I will say that 60% amber may be more Couch Lock then ya like. Then again,,if thats what yur after,,go for it. I would say the other way around would be better. Remember,,,Amber means the THC is degrading. If yur looking for a Heady High,,Ya want more Cloudy and less Amber. For a Body high ya want more Amber.

the 65 is just a recomendation, as plant growth will vary depending on numerous variables. Sounds like you've got a handle on the Trichs though, and thats what I would go by for best results. I never actually keep a recorded calender of my grows....I just let the plant tell me when its ready to flower via node growth, and when its ready to harvest via the Trichs.

CowboyBudsky said:
Stop worrying about the days,,,use your Trich color to decide on your Harvest time. The days mean nothing if your Triches arnt where ya want them.;)
You answered your own question right here.. I will say that 60% amber may be more Couch Lock then ya like. Then again,,if thats what yur after,,go for it. I would say the other way around would be better. Remember,,,Amber means the THC is degrading. If yur looking for a Heady High,,Ya want more Cloudy and less Amber. For a Body high ya want more Amber.

LOL. Thanks. But I do have patience. I mean, I've been patient this long. I think I can wait a couple more days. :D

I have four plants, so I'm going to harvest one at 9 weeks. I like the heady high because I can still do stuff. But I love that couch-lock stuff. :hubba: Maybe I'll go 50:50.

I was just wondering how long it takes to reach that 60:40 point(generally speaking). What has been the experience of other auto growers?

UKgirl420 said:
hi cuy103 i found with my autos i never got more than 40 % amber on any of them ,,,maybe it was me :rolleyes:

the longest i let one go was 11.5 weeks

I have a feeling I might have the same experience as you. I have a feeling mine wont get real amber, maybe that's how auto's are. Maybe I'll let one of them go for 12+ weeks.

How was the smoke on the 11.5 week?

I'm gonna have to try an autoflower.....my ultimate indica has been in veg for what seems like 11 weeks now...lol

Back