question about night time temperature during flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
6 weeks into flowering... My temps probably get in the low 60s during night time in my flower room, is this temp okay? would it mature faster/build better thc if I made it a little warmer?

thanks

Johnny

the only thing i know for sure is if you would like your plant to change colors the cold night helps with genetics that have color in their "blood"

Some strains can stand harsher temperatures but I'd say anything over 55 F is safe, I like to stress my plants a little colder then 55 F last few weeks of harvest to give me purple in my buds.

Well good for you Megan but its a well established rule of thumb(in the UK) to keep your nightime/daytime temps within a certain range of each other,about 10c max if possible and sorry I don't do Farenheit!

My room is at 20c night time which is 68f and I had a temp control problem and they dropped to 15c(@55F?) for a week and in that time saw strong purpling of the stems of my Cheese plants which didn't look natural so I recommend @65F min for total peace of mind.

I've grown in lower temps in the past and had ok results but have fewer if any problems if I keep to around 68F night time and my plants look in better overall condition as a result I'm sure.

Rockster said:
Well good for you Megan but its a well established rule of thumb(in the UK) to keep your nightime/daytime temps within a certain range of each other,about 10c max if possible and sorry I don't do Farenheit!

My room is at 20c night time which is 68f and I had a temp control problem and they dropped to 15c(@55F?) for a week and in that time saw strong purpling of the stems of my Cheese plants which didn't look natural so I recommend @65F min for total peace of mind.

I've grown in lower temps in the past and had ok results but have fewer if any problems if I keep to around 68F night time and my plants look in better overall condition as a result I'm sure.

yeah me too I recently had to learn F so I can grow better, 12.5 C is 55 F, So anything like below 12 is dangerously low but I like to put my plants even colder at the very end of there life.

My plants have often dropped as low as 5C at night but they don't like it, the leaves wilt and then recover during the day. Not much I can do, a heater would be one expense too many. Growroom is outside so ... I find that the indicas seem to be able to stand the low temps much better than the sativas.

iClown said:
...yeah me too I recently had to learn F so I can grow better...

LOL--It should be the other way around...we should all be using the metric system. I have to say that (although I am old :D), I have never understood the wisdom of having a number system with a base 10 and measurement systems with everything but...just doesn't make sense :confused:.

Lower temps are OK as far as I know, just watch out in the lower leaves for that notorious Powder Mold...

I got it, creeping up in the night.

I killed it with SM90. Great product. Smells like Lemons.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--It should be the other way around...we should all be using the metric system. I have to say that (although I am old :D), I have never understood the wisdom of having a number system with a base 10 and measurement systems with everything but...just doesn't make sense :confused:.

Yes, it should be, F works well when it comes to cooking or really high temperatures or where absolute 0 needs to be established but Celcius is such an easier temperature measurement imo.

Latest posts

Back