Question about using Ph UP/DOWN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
I'm using a Ph control kit with Up/Down solutions.

It says "Simply fill the test-tube halfway with nutrient, add a few drops of pH Test Indicator, and observe the coloration of the liquid in the test vial."

When it says "halfway with nutrient..." do they mean the water?

So after I fill the test-tube halfway with my water, I add the Test Indicator and it'll tell me the Ph of the water? And then I can adjust the water accordingly?

Should I adjust the Ph of my watering "solution"(water+nutrient mix) or just the water, before I add the nutrients?

ph control kit.jpg

i dont know why you have a test bottle
my pH down looks like this.
i just have a measuring cup thats 2L.
i fill it with water, and then slowly drop by drop
add it in to lower the ph. its strong so you have to add it slowly.
i know that with 2L of water i can drop in about 2 1/2 drops and
the ph is where i want it. but i still test it to be safe. this also pretty
much tells me that the ph color testers acurate enough.
anyways hope this helps man

109_0249.JPG

oh im stoned.
okay you have a ph tester and up and down kit
you get say (for example) as i was saying a 2L bowl or something
and then (if using nutrients at that time) add the nutrients, stir well, adjust the ph, check it. if your not using nutes at that time and just need ph adjusted water then just get your amount of water and drop the ph down.
youll need a little dropper. you can get them anywhere
good luck

Test the ph of anything you give to your plants. So mix your nutes, then test and adjust the ph of that mixture.

For sure you need to mix up your nutes into your water,then set the ppm.Then go ahead and set your ph.It's pointless to set your ph,then ppm.
I see you have the starter set.What kind of nutes are you using?Does the nutes tint the water?If so ,even though your tring,the nute tint greatly affects the color of the reading.Also take the same test and walk under diffrent light sources(mh hps floro) the same test looks like a diffrent reading under each light.I RECOMMEND a ph pen(Hana ect. all on Amazon)The pen should "auto adjust" for water temp!

Thanks people!

I use Fox Farm liguid nutes

The color of the water turns a little brown when I use the Big Grow.

Latest posts

Back