question on roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

octobong007

smoke-alotta-pottamus
Reaction score
ok, not sure if this was discussed but...i'm using a drip system, my roots are HUGE and i'm worried they'll get caught up in my pump. can i detain them somehow? do something to protect my pump? cut the roots without hurting the lady?

I've been trying to find a picture for you but alas i can't.

There is a filter type muffler that goes over the intake its a strange material with lots of fine holes in it that allow the water through but no lumps or roots.

Pantyhose!!! best filter material... for some reason roots grow through almost everything........ except pantyhose. If you have discharge piping you can cover that... or just pull it up over the pump...

i just cut mine- ive always cut my roots back, especially before i start to flower, because once i start flower the roots get huge- and i usually cant lift the lid to cut the roots, plus i dont want to whilst in flower lol.

cutting roots is perfectly fine. obviously it is still stressful, some more than others. but its very natural and plants are used to damaged roots and loosing roots quite often.

if they are from seed do not cut any of the 3 main roots. but yea i would cut them if i were u defintely, then throw some panty hose over that thing like kade said. never done it but sounds good.

i usually cut my roots back about 3 times before i flower given growth, etc

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back