quick c02 question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeup420

Reaction score
hii im growin one auto in a 2'x2' box pretty much. is their a limit of c02 i shouldnt exceed? is their such thing as too much? and how long do should iwait till i give em another dose?

1500 ppm is the number you are shooting for. Keep in mind that the air naturally has about 300 ppm, so you want to add about 1200 ppm. CO2 setups are fairly expensive and the homemade "kits" don't produce nearly enough CO2 to be considered cost effective (in most cases they don't even produce enough CO2 to make a difference to the plants). Have you read up on the necessary heat increase, proper ventilation, timers, sealing the grow space from air leaks, all of those sorts of things already?

For me CO2 is something I'm really interested in, but I will wait until every thing else is perfect and I can't squeeze another gram per watt without adding it. Until I am running at 100% performance I just think my money would be better spent else where. This second paragraph is obviously just my opinion, but I hope the first one answered your question, and this second one gave you something to think about.

smokeup420 said:
hii im growin one auto in a 2'x2' box pretty much. is their a limit of c02 i shouldnt exceed? is their such thing as too much? and how long do should iwait till i give em another dose?
how do you plan to "measure" it?.
sorry, I just don't "see" someone with a 2'x2' box, cfls and "bb=gun" co2 tanks as the type grower to 'spring' for a $200 device to accurately measure co2.
co2 should be administered "consistently" at 1500 ppm with 90F temps in order for the plnt to metabolize at a greater rate.. It isn't something that can be 'halfassed' and expect results, or not expect problems/issues...IMO
the plants "need" the extra co2 to thrive at 90*. If levels aren't sufficient or correct, the plant will suffer.
"IF" the plant is utilizing the extra co2, it will also be requiring more nutrients and light, or it willl require more nutrients and light, in order to metabolize/utilize the co2.
If the temp is 75*, the co2 is not used, is not only wasted. but may have negative effects, stunting, chlorosis, ect.

thanks, yea i was just thinkin ya know. thanks. im just keepin it pretty basic. i might get 150 hps.im not to sure

Latest posts

Back