Quick question about nutrients...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazeMan101

Reaction score
This may seem like a dumb question to the more experienced, but I'm still new to this whole hydro thing. Ok...so first off, the nutes that I have been using the whole time has been DYNA A and B. The bottle says something like 3-3-3...I now know what this means and I heard that the best formulas have higher numbers containing more of the elements I need. Like 20-20-20 or something. With the dyna, i was changing the water in the res every 2 weeks and adding fresh nutes. I dont think i was putting enough though. The bottle says 1tsp/gallon. Does this mean that if I had a 10 gallon res, I should be putting 10 tsps in. Or does this mean that I should be adding a teaspoon to a gallon of water and watering the plants or adding it to the res. If not I think my plants have been getting deprived of some serious nutes. Everytime the water level would decrease in the res, I would add some fresh water with a couple drops of nutes, but nothing like 10 tsps if thats what I needed. The new nutrient formula I have is some bloom stuff. Its 10-6-15. This is good for the flower stage right. I heard its better to have lower nitrogen and more phosphate during this stage, is this correct?
Again all the help is appreciated. This site has helped me to learn so much already.

If your vegging and low on nutes you will have slow growth as well as yellowing of the bottom fan leaves.

The formula I use for flowering is 4-8-7, you want a larger P mumber than what you have with a lower N number.

HazeMan101 said:
The bottle says 1tsp/gallon. Does this mean that if I had a 10 gallon res, I should be putting 10 tsps in. Or does this mean that I should be adding a teaspoon to a gallon of water and watering the plants or adding it to the res.

It means to add one teaspoon, (which is exactly 5ml), to each gallon of water that is used.

Buy yourself a 50ml beaker for a couple of dollars and measure the nutrients exactly. Teaspoons are not a good method of measurement. Some of them are almost twice the size of others.

One teaspoon = 5 ml

5ml per/gallon of water used.

Over ferting is one of the most common reasons for failure when growing pot.

50ml_beaker.JPG

Latest posts

Back