Quiting Smoking For Two Weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebest

Reaction score
Quiting Smoking For Two Weeks

Okay, I am starting this thread for people who may be interested in the process of stopping marijuana comsumption for two weeks straight. The last I smoked was at 1:30 A.M 7/29/08. I am going to go for two weeks with no smoking. The reason's I am doing this is:
#1-Financial Reasons
#2-I can't get High anymore!
#3-My tottal weed consumption is well over a 1/8th a day (By my self)
#4-There isn't that much good weed to smoke
#5-For your entertainment :)

I will be posting my urges to smoke, and also how my day went to see if it progresses with the less THC in my blood. Example 1st day is probably going to suck, 2nd day might be better, and so on and so forth. I hope this is an interesting thread, I thought since I am doing it, I could give you some information on what helps me and what doesn't. Wish me luck!!!

good luck the best.yeah,i did it for several yrs myself.due to pain issues i started back.plus i like the buzz when you haven't smoked for awhile.hammered

good luck. your nuts, there is no way i could stop. not that i can't its that my wife would most likely go crazy or kill me if i stopped. after about a day i start gettin real pissy. thats just mne though.

andy52 said:
good luck the best.yeah,i did it for several yrs myself.due to pain issues i started back.plus i like the buzz when you haven't smoked for awhile.hammered

yeah man,thats what I am looking forward too! I have been smoking everyday for about a year now like atleast 1/8th a day to myself. and on the weekends I probably go through a oz. with friends. I know this is going to be hard, because already I have taken my body out of cycle and not wake and baked! im already going crazy and I have to work today... BLOWN

slowmo77 said:
good luck. your nuts, there is no way i could stop. not that i can't its that my wife would most likely go crazy or kill me if i stopped. after about a day i start gettin real pissy. thats just mne though.
Understood. I am just hoping that I don't lose my cool at my job and get fired! but the wife situation for me is not a problem considering I don't have one yet! thank god. I will wait for as long as I can until that (D) day. not saying I wont get married, but just not for me right now!

Work is getting dreadfully close and all I want to do is smoke! I am scared that tonight I might lose it. But, I might have to go buy a pack of jacks, if that is the case then oh well. I might take a few shots of captain morgan before going in. Just something to take the edge off for the first day... lol what do you all think?

lol, smoke jacks maybe. I don't like to drink anymore. It doesn't really affect me, just calms me down. I am a major MJ smoker. which is why I need to stop cuz like I said I can't get high any more. I have some train wreck waiting for me as soon as i am done with this 2 weeks. I think I might buy a bunch of different buds for the 2 week celebration blunt :)

Ive done this before, you are going to sleep alot the next couple weeks. I get real tired when I dont smoke for awhile. plus....it's easier to go without when you sleepin'. good luck buddy, that first stone will be a doozie.
puff

slowmo77 said:

I always notice some irritablity a couple days after I hit some.
It seems I catch myself in the feeling and realize-Yep-Withdrawal...
Usually goes away in a couple days for me, but I am not everyday smoker-like Ice Cream to me-lol

Gb

Yo mang, good luck with this bro, I've been off for just over 3 weeks because I'm up in portugal with my (UPTIGHT) family... and all they have here is hash that wont get me buzzed AT ALL.

Oh well... my celebratory J when I'm back to the UK will be amazing. Simply AMAZING. I'll go with you man, I'm right in the same process. It's getting slightly easier, but atm all I can think of is having a FAT BLUNT.

puffnstuff said:
Ive done this before, you are going to sleep alot the next couple weeks. I get real tired when I dont smoke for awhile. plus....it's easier to go without when you sleepin'. good luck buddy, that first stone will be a doozie.
puff

I don't k about sleep, its what I use to go to sleep, but hopefully your right, plus in my job I can't really sleep that much. but thanks for the luck. I am desperetly in need of a few bowls tho!

GeezerBudd said:
I always notice some irritablity a couple days after I hit some.
It seems I catch myself in the feeling and realize-Yep-Withdrawal...
Usually goes away in a couple days for me, but I am not everyday smoker-like Ice Cream to me-lol

Gb

Yeah, I wasn't either until I started to smoke a lot, then it was like every day I just wanted to be high. And I can't get up there any more. I mean I get high, but I just feel good. I don't get bliztd unless I smoke a quarter or more. Or if its some good sativa bud! but its hard to find cuz people are cheep and don't want to pay for it

Sebstarr said:
Yo mang, good luck with this bro, I've been off for just over 3 weeks because I'm up in portugal with my (UPTIGHT) family... and all they have here is hash that wont get me buzzed AT ALL.

Oh well... my celebratory J when I'm back to the UK will be amazing. Simply AMAZING. I'll go with you man, I'm right in the same process. It's getting slightly easier, but atm all I can think of is having a FAT BLUNT.

Damn, three weeks no weed! Two is going to be hard enough, but alright sounds good bro. Keep me posted on what you do for your Celeb blunt. I am thinking of going to find some blueberry or purp. Hopefully my friends power skunk will be done! but i know it wont be :( wishfull thinking tho :) haha. Thanks for the interest. I will keep you posted

Alright, so its almost been a full 24 hours, and let me tell you, it sucks! Today I fliped out a couple times at work, but I caught my self before it got out of hand. Also I baught a pack of jacks, because I just really need the smoking sensation to fade! But also I took 5 shots of captain before going into work, only beacuse I knew it was going to be a rough day... I had known for awhile, and I just needed a little something to take the edge off. I didn't get drunk by any means, but just a nice warm buz! I miss mary Jane so much! I want her to come back into my life! only 13 more days to go!

andy52 said:
damn man, several years?!?!? how did you survive. LOL j/k yeah its just I think about smoking a lot, like constantly, but I am holding on strong so far

The reason's I am doing this is:
You didn't mention why you smoke so much in the first place.. are you sure you're not forgetting a reason or two?

I've gone through many of these "ohkay, I'll stop smoking for ___ days, and then I'll be fine" sessions. Let me tell you.. it helps. It helps, but it still ignores the root problem of why you're doing it in the first place.

I think it's fair to say, that if your life is revolving around getting high, then you're compensating for something lacking in your life (and that 'aint healthy). Maybe try exploring those kind of issues, during your sober streak.

Much respect, and best of luck.

Thanks for the concern, I know why I smoke tho. I hate my job, which I plan on going to some job interviews to change jobs while I am sober. I also smoke, just because I would rather be high than not. To be honest I don't smoke because I hate my life or that I feel lonely. I have a lot of friends, I go out all the time, I just happen to be high all the time. I am a very chill dude and I think that a lot of people think there has to be a problem in your life for your choices to do drugs, I know in some cases that is true, but I think its drugs are there for you when you are going through something in your life and thats when you get hooked, your problems can leave, but now your still stuck with the drugs. I don't know just MO. but either way thanks for the comment and I will take it into concideration incase I am really feeling like crap and weed was just hiding it ;)

Sorry mods for cussing

The hardest days are the third or fourth. By then your body is starting to really kick up pushing out the THC residue in your system. It really isn't hard, you'll be fine. I am in the middle of stopping so I can get clean and find a new job.

good luck man. i quit for two weeks and was jumping off the walls but after that first session... i actually got stoned enough for the red eyes :) its the anticipation that makes the pleasure!

Latest posts

Back