recieved my light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle

kind bud
Reaction score
my 600 watt light arrived safely yesterday and is hanging up....I'm very happy....with my experience from htgsupply......they also said they were out of stock on the growbright bulb...so they gave me a free upgrade...to an agroMax bulb....a $58.95.....upgrade for free....sweet....Because My light is not air cooled I have a fan blowing on the bulb.....I set up the 4 inch duct fan..I ordered from them.....to keep temps down.....I just checked and it is 78.....My light hanging just a little higher than 24 inches....I'm still working on undoing some duct tape here and there that was sealing up drafts into the grow closet.....because with this light I want a little more cool air to come into the room.....I'll start flowering...in 1 to 2 weeks.....When I turn out the light it will be a 10 hour lights on ...14 hours lights off....When the light is shut off I'll turn the heater on.....anyways....check out htgsupply If you don't already know about them.....GREAT PLACE....:D

Thanks jungle for the update..i am pleased with them as well..does that light have a glass cover? If so you can lower that light with in 10 inches from canopy..Just use the back of your hand to test heat. you say you turn on a heater at dark period? Is this space heater? and are they on a Timer? Thanks and i feel your excitement my friemd thanks

The light does not have a glass cover.....It's an electric oil heater...very easy to use and keep temps good...as of yet I dont have it on my timer....When I get home from work I'll turn lights on....when I leave for work...I'll turn lights off...so basically on from 7am till 5pm...I work 12 hour nights.....The lights will be on while i am home off while i'm at work......I would like to lower the lights but. then it gets about 85 to 83 degrees if it's at 24 inches above....as I undo more duct tape I plan to lower light accordinly...i'ts probly 26 inches now...I'm still working out nicks and crannys...also about the pics we were going back and fourth on...I'm going to have to for go that project because I cant download picasa...I guess a person can't have fun all the time..I was just thinking...maybe I could make a glass like something and place it below the light somehow...to reflect some heat?

4u2smoke....So far i've been able to lower the light to 24 inches...and it's maintaining 78 degrees......like you mentioned about the glass cover....If I had a piece of glass cut about the size of the bottom of the light hood,,,had four small holes drilled in the glass on the corners...then drilled 4 small holes on the corners around the bottom edge of the hood..hooked up the glass to the hood....would this enable me to lower my lights more?..If so?....I probaly wouldn't want the glass to be flush with the hood...but maybe leave a 1/4 inch gap between glass and hood..also I wonder if I'd need a certain type of glass? thanks

jungle said:
4u2smoke....So far i've been able to lower the light to 24 inches...and it's maintaining 78 degrees......like you mentioned about the glass cover....If I had a piece of glass cut about the size of the bottom of the light hood,,,had four small holes drilled in the glass on the corners...then drilled 4 small holes on the corners around the bottom edge of the hood..hooked up the glass to the hood....would this enable me to lower my lights more?..If so?....I probaly wouldn't want the glass to be flush with the hood...but maybe leave a 1/4 inch gap between glass and hood..also I wonder if I'd need a certain type of glass? thanks

If your gonna do that... Make sure you get a good heat toleant tempered glass.... If not, you could come home to a suprise and be picking glass shards out of your plants.

yes casual grower is right..I found this out the hard way..Be sure to use TG or pyrex..what i did when i did mine was use the help of the drop down cieling grids we use in commercial buildings..they come 2x2 or 2x4..my Batwing reflector sat right on top..first used reg glass it shattered in the tent..i then went with TG and all was fine..i would say get some timeres jungle..what if you have to work late or something comes up..now while plants are in veg this will be okay for light disruption..but when we go to flower we dont want to miss a beat..understand..and also that duct tape you removeing to allow more air..will let light in at flower..if you use the same room..This is where pics help a lot..befor I can go any further i need to know your setup..it sounds as tho you may need more intake or exgaust..we can get this sytem dialed in for you okay..Let me know what i can do to help..:bolt::bong:

tg ..pyrex or hurricane glass.....ok cool...I'll call the glass Co. tommorrow.....ok thanks for helping me fine tune this project.........the temperatures fine...the lights 24 inches above canopy maybe a little less right now.......the light situation when lights out is fine........it's dark still.....I do believe the air situation is fairly good...theres alot of fresh air blowing around in there....theres the bathroom exhaust fan...and the small oscilating fan blowing on the lights bulb....but i agree another bathroom exhaust fan...and another 4inch inline duct fan would be tops....I'll keep these things in mind as I get closer to flowering....good idea with the drop down cieling grids...I'll check into them tomorrow at the store..see what they exactly look like and cost and things.....I still might just tie the corners of the glass to the corners of the light hood...and leave a small gap between glass and hood...so some heat can escape....I do have a timer...but I may need another one ....one for the light....and one for the heater......If anyone is wondering i'm currently only working two days a week now...thats why i can be on here so much..but works supose to start picking up in near future..as far as the pics I think theres something wrong with my windows xp...but I don't have the soft ware to reinstall it over again...ok i'll close out on this...At this point i do believe I have a funtional grow room for veg and flowering without light interuption....I have two more weeks to fine tune it...If I start to flower on the 16th of Jan..i'll be flowering 4 plant at 6 weeks old...3 at 5 weeks old...3 at 4 weeks old....would waitting one more week be of any benifit? the grow room is 4x4x6...with ten plants...males will be weeded out ...but what if i only have 1 female and 9 males? Should I just grow them all together and not worry about it?

jungle said:
...males will be weeded out ...but what if i only have 1 female and 9 males? Should I just grow them all together and not worry about it?

really it depends what you're looking to do. are you growing out good strains or just bagseed? if it's bagseed, even good bagseed, chances are the seeds you'd get wouldn't be as good. but at the same time, you never know. without any males, the females will produce more resin trying to catch pollen out of the air. i suppose it really comes down to preferance. but you would only need 1 male to pollenate the entire room. (and even then the grow room will need cleaned out well before you will be able to grow a sensi crop). using more than one male will just give you VERY seedy buds.

You will want to get any males out as soon as you spot them--males are worthless except to pollinate. And I can tell you that even 1 male can give you thousands of seeds and very little bud. As much as 75% of bud weight can be in seeds when a bud is pollinated.

ok not worth saving even if theres a large majority ok thanks hemp goddess.. and cannibis scott....only worth saving if you have another area to grow them in....thanks...best then just grow 1 female....remove the rest....I got it thanks again.......it's not bagseed....but the males will get harvested...i have read before that even males just before seed can be potent..

if it doesn't get grown in a seperate area...i'll smoke it and see if it's any good...:) If i haven't smoked in a long time it might be worth smoking to hold over till the female buds are ready...only one other friend might take a amle or to and finish growing it for seed and i guess a little weed...
I remember back in the 70's....the mexican weed mostly leaf stems and seeds could do a number on me.....

I'm back from shopping...lol...and I've been working on the grow room also.....I think some nice improvements are being made.....I guess from what others said in the beginning an aircooled light would be best....but i didn't get one because of winter...and i thought enough cool air would come in to counter the heat of the 600 watt bulb....Even though I was able to maintain 78 to 85 degree temps I could tell that i still had a tempature problem..because others made me think about it....especially when warmer weather gets here in march and april.......so this is what I did to improve the situation with the help of others....i bought a piece of plexi glass...wired it to the bottom of the light....then the 4 inch inline fan that is taking out stale and warm air, from the grow room, out a chimney stack...I extended it over to the light...where most of the heat heat is escaping from.....so it should suck out warm air......
Then where the bathroom exhaust fan is mounted in the cieling of the grow room.....i bought an 8x6 inch reducer and placed it over the exhast fan....then I extended a 8 foot by 6 inch flex hose from it so it hangs down bringing air lower in the grow room....
I still have about 20 feet of 4 inch flexible duct hose I plan to enter into the room for adding fresh air....I will have some type of fan blowing in more fresh air...hopefully this will help keep tempatures satisfactory and a good airflow in and out...I'm going to get some timers...I have 1 that can be set for 7 days...nowhere in town did they have any like that....what kind of timers do most of you guys use? I may need two more? I passed up on the one day timers...thinking there might be something better...where i bought my light...
I don't mean to write a book but I just checked the room and it's 78 degrees...without the fan i had to use earlier to keep the temps down....plus the bathroom exhast fan is blowing air around in a nicer way...ok i'm out

jungle said:

I bought a 400w light from the same company, but got the MH conversion bulb and I bought the Agro Son 430w light. I remember reading that to determine how hot the light is to the plant is use the back of your hand, well I did that and ended up burning some of the leafs from all of my plants. Before the MH bulb was used I was using FL 4 ft lights. The plant were shocked at the amount of light and heat I now have my light with the Agro Son at about 20 inches. I find that the pot dry out faster under this light too so i need to water more often.:holysheep:

Thanks for making me aware of HTGsupply I think I will order from them as well.

Latest posts

Back