Red eyed gardener gets busted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drfting07 said:
Im very sorry Red Eye. I fear this as well, and my heart sunk for you when i read this.

Where i am, a filthy "commonwealth", anything over 14 grams is a felony. Its insane.

Wow drft I didn't know the laws here were so strict. Makes a person nervous especially this time of year.

Know your state laws !! NORML's website has very specific state-by-state information . . . and even contact info for mj lawyers who are experienced in defending and fighting for your right to party !!

Hang in there, REG . . . what they try and scare you with up front and what the judge's final disposition is are usually two different things . . . they like to make a big splash for the papers so all the sheeple feel protected by their LEOs, but many times it all ends with a quiet slap on the wrist and a "we will reprogram you from your desire for this nasty drug" class

Fight For Freedom !! :peace:

:( my thoughts are all over the place here.
firstly, i'll say sorry man, what a bummer to hear.
i always find it so pathetic when they have to go hunting for people breaking the law.. obviously not much of harm to society :(

but i can't get over how they went and got a warrant cause they saw 8 outdoor plants from a helicopter? *i guess it depends where you are/what your laws are.. but in most places without one, anything they asked you was just talking like you'd talk to your neighbor or anyone else, and you'd never freely admit it to them.
you didn't have to admit to anything or let them on your property without a search warrant or a very valid reason (someone in distress or something)

know your rights people.. if they come by and say they saw some plants in your yard, your first reply should be a calmly shocked reply of something like; "you went and got a warrant because you thought you saw some marijuana plants?"
..makes them admit if they got a warrant or not.
no warrant? sorry man, come back when you find a judge lame enough to waste everybodys time and money for such a minuscule amount.
*and if on the longshot they actually went the proper routes and didn't just try to intimate you into showing/telling them.. ask to see it too, they MUST show it to you, but only if you ask to see it.
if things get this far and they have one, check it over. longhsot, but you might just luck out ;)

never get defensive.. try to be as calm and polite as possible.
might not get you off the hook, but at the very least it could possibly buy you more time to possibly help you get in less trouble/clean up ;)

kinda late for red eye, (once again, sorry man. and i wish you the best of luck with the situation) but thought it might be worth refreshing people of.
cops aint the end all be all, you still have rights.

*obviously it's easier said than done.. but keeping that or some other SHTF plan in the back of your head i find makes the season a little less stressfull if nothing else.
**and if i'm wrong on anything here, please correct me (i don't want my SHTF plan blowing up in my face the second i try to use it *though i hope i never have to ;) ) it's just info i've gathered from talking to ex green team members and reading.

If they SEE the plants they do not need a warrant -- it's a felony in progress. If they have been told you have plants or just suspect you do they need a warrant. The only thing you should say is "I need to speak with a lawyer." It IS good advice to be calm and respectful.

Sorry to hear brother :( Come out to california! Cops won't bother you over ANY amount! lol

ziggyross said:
Wow drft I didn't know the laws here were so strict. Makes a person nervous especially this time of year.

Ide suggest looking at the VA state laws on NORML, Ziggy. "Manufacturing" or Cultivation has mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years.

HemperFi said:
If they SEE the plants they do not need a warrant -- it's a felony in progress. If they have been told you have plants or just suspect you do they need a warrant. The only thing you should say is "I need to speak with a lawyer." It IS good advice to be calm and respectful.

damn, think my 'noid level just went up for the rest of the season then :( lol
i swear, (but can't find info) in canada atleast, they still need a warrant. if they see it in person while yackin at you in the drive, that's one thing. but to suspect it from a chopper i thought required further paperwork. (another reason i thought it such a waste of time/money)

sorry to read the bad news....Im sure glad I live where I can grow 45 plants...sure wish ya the Best on your leagle battle

take care and be safe

I live in CA (thank god) and I believe I can have 8 mature and 8 immature plants growing at once. I have 10 plants that are mature, but I am growing on my recommendation and another friends. So, in theory I could grow more, but I dont grow more than I am going to need/use. Plus I dont want to stick out like a soar thumb to Law enforcement, and I want to be respectful to my neighbors, even though I live on 7 acres of land. My grow has a canopy of oak trees, so its not very easy to spot from the air. Out of sight out of mind ;)

Sucks to be popped for such a useful plant. I feel for ya bro.

take a look at this . . . here's some fresh news from Virginia, courtesy of nvdaily.com

uhhh, the guy had over 40 plants, all over 7' tall, loaded with buds and ready to chop??

for more nauseating details (and a lot of comments), the full article is here:

hXXp://www.nvdaily.com/news/2012/09/former-judge-gets-month-in-jail-to-serve-in-pot-case.php

let's all hope that REG gets "equal treatment under the law" . . .

allamong.JPG

Here's to quick and positive resolution to your problems in your favor, R.E.G.

I've also seen an atricle today(maybe it was on the coffee table here) btu some one who got caught growing didnt get charged because the jury didnt want to charge him(if that makes sense)

The Silver Bullet Special said:
I've also seen an atricle today(maybe it was on the coffee table here) btu some one who got caught growing didnt get charged because the jury didnt want to charge him(if that makes sense)

hey SBS, I know exactly what you're talking about . . . and it makes alot of sense . . . that's where the LEO charges you, ya plead not guilty, go to a trial, and the jury finds you not guilty because they think the law itself is wrong . . . it's called jury nullification . . . the jury can nullify the law when they believe it's unfair . . . a good mj attorney will ask a jury to find you not guilty on that basis

I would opt for a jury trial. There is a distinct possibility that a jury of your peers may be sympathetic and let you go. A judge will just convict you and put you into the system. It is a true shame that so many good people are going to jail for such a victimless crime. I feel for you Bro...

Peace

Latest posts

Back