reflector Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmathews

Reaction score
I purchased one of the 20$ hps lights from e-conolight.com. What a deal. Gonna order 2 more tomarrow once I get the paycheck. My question is can someone post pics of some homemade reflectors that you guys have built and used with this light? Also how close would you run the light to the plants( only 2 plants right now)? In a 2x2x4.5 space. Right now I have a 70watt hps on them as seedlings about 12 inchs above them, temps are 75.7 with a small iscolating fan on them, but they seem to be growing very slow. They are about 3 inches tall and are about 1week in veg.

How close depends on the reflectors. I have a pair of 150HPS with high-bay reflectors. I have to keep the bulb at least a metre away from the plants because any closer and I get burned leaves; the big reflectors keep all the light on the plants, but concentrate too much in a small area in the centre. I'm considering how to modify them to avoid that. Maybe add a second reflector in the middle to deflect that hot zone away.

Latest posts

Back