respiration w/ lights off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
does respiration take place w/ the lights off? id really like to not hafta run my dehumidifier 24/ 7

no there is no need to circulate the air when the plants are sleeping. They are essentially asleep, not drinking, not using air, etc...(I believe, not positive).

In most grows you will find it necessary to run your exhaust and carbon filter 24/7 anyway in order to keep odor down. If I shut my exhaust fan and carbon filter off even for an hour my entire house stinks up.

Where are you running the dehumidifier? I run one but that is because I vent into a room in my house instead of outside.

i think the plants still let off water vapor at night which increases the humidity (which cloges the stomata if humidity gets too high) but i'm not sure if this matters if the stomata arent being used at night, anyone know?

theyre the millions of tiny things what the plant uses to breath basically.

I have read some where to leave the air pump on in DWC when the light are off because the roots still use O2, So if the roots need O2 and are doing there job. the leaves would imo be breathing and evaporating water.

i agree
i was taught that in the day plant "breathe" carbon and at night its oxygen

No you leave your air pump on so that your nutrient solution stays oxygenated, so your nutrient solution stays mixed, and because stagnant (still) water assist in the breeding of all sorts of nasty things.
.......But on the other hand I am REALLY high right now, so I could be completely wrong. I had to reread this 4 times to myself to make sure I could understand it and it is only a few lines long.

Latest posts

Back