Restart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
do you think I could get seeds and start them now and be able to finish them before November?....kinda like restart....i could veg for like 4 weeks and then just flower for like 7-9 weeks

Hi jonny, Will your weather hold till november?

I have until the second week in october. After that moisture and mildew would wreck anything for me. So it wouldn't work here in my climate, but i don't know your climate.

Are you talking Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor should not be a problem so long as they are not Sativa leaning strains. You have about 17 weeks left before November. Figure 5-6 for popping beans and vegging and the rest for Flower. jmo

location location location---summer solstice light becomes shorter---autumn in september brings weather---dont want them babies getting frostbite or flowers being rained on---good luck with your restart

Actually it is not just frostbit you have to worry about. When the temps drop below about 60, the plant for all practical purposes, stops growing and/or maturing. So, if the temps get to 60 and stay, say in early Oct, I doubt that they will finish. Also, you can only hurry up flowering so much. The plant is not going to flower until it is sexually mature--something that is probably not going to happen in 4 weeks.

I really think that it is too late to start over unless you can get your hands on some clones.

you can always grow autos, but like photos, will depend of your location

I was gonna get autos!! But It is somewhat indoors like its in a shed and its got lights in a box...and I have a heater as well and it doesn't drop really low until November...i feel like my heater will hold it at a nice temp plus the 400w mh puts off quite a bit of heat...i think it can happen it will be cutting it really close tho...i might have to cure them inside...

Yanno I didn't think about the two females I have in flower rn...And I only have one box :/

but I'm expecting them to be done by August 5-12...but ill have the seeds and have them germing prolly a week or less before then so when they finish off ill be able to plant the new beans and veg the autos for 4 weeks...then flower for 7-8 weeks

I might have to pull it a few days early but I think really with the heater and the light it will be warm enough...btw if we go by my calendar and it goes as I think...it will be done at 8 weeks flower at the end of October. But like I said I might have to pull it a little early no big deal!

Understand that it is going to flower on its own terms. When you are outdoors, you do not dictate how long the plant vegs and how fast it flowers. When the temps go down to 60, the plant will slow down growth to almost nothing and this is basically lost time. The transition from vegging to flowering can take several weeks. I do not count flowering days until I actually see pistils. So, keep in mind that while you may want it to have a 4 week vegging period and a 7-8 week flowering period (and few plants finish that fast), the plant is going to decide it's own timetable and I personally do not believe that you have much of a chance of it finishing.

Uggh idk if I want to do it now...I have basically 3 1/2 months from when they will be approximately finished... And most autos should be done around that time... Plus with heat and the light heat..i hope it will be good...i think it will be good...I think I can, I think I can.

While I am not a big fan of autos, I think that or clones are your only options if you want them to finish.

I was gonna get autos!! But It is somewhat indoors like its in a shed and its got lights in a box...and I have a heater as well and it doesn't drop really low until November...i feel like my heater will hold it at a nice temp plus the 400w mh puts off quite a bit of heat...i think it can happen it will be cutting it really close tho...i might have to cure them inside...

what am i missing here---what does somewhat indoors mean---if your growing in a shed with lights---your "grow season" is when ever you decide

Yes but its a shed...so its not going to hold as much heat as a house...bc its not insulated.

Yes but its a shed...so its not going to hold as much heat as a house...bc its not insulated.

nothing ventured nothing gained---would you not be able to maintain a temperature range between 60 to 80f with your space heater come november---if not---how much time and $$ could it cost to insulate a shed---idk---imo---if there is a will there is a way---throw out some more specs and i know we can get you thru this small hurdle

Its not worth it to insulate the shed... I'm not shunning your idea it would be great... But I'm going to be moving out of this place soon and this box that I have now is to supply me till I get out of here and I can actually set up my grow room in my own house...till then I'm trying to save as much as possible but I think I will be able to keep it hot enough... And I did the calendar math...55-70 days is right before November so IF everything works as planned then I should be fine!

What is 55-70? Is that flower or veg? You can't start a seed and have it ready for harvest in 70 days.

Even autos might be iffy in 70 days, but if you are going to do this, you should be getting on it.

Well I've also been doing more reading in them and ivr read that you should start a auto in the pot that you want to finish it in?

And another question is should I use FFOF for the autos or FFHF I'm gonna mix perlite with either one that I choose.

Latest posts

Back