Retiring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well,
I'am leaving the forum, why? Because iam not wholly convinced its about the legalization here, yep you heard me, your number one goal is safety? dude you smoke pot....and 2, i'am medical, and even then thats not a saving grace for me, so what do you do then? YOU FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT. lets put it this way, a few pictures that show my face? umm excuse me, that big red target, wasnt from a few pictures that showed my face, it was from my STANCE ON MY BELIEFS.
i'am glad to have made the friends i have, but i now request a deletion of my account.
Thanks.
Dustin

don't go bro. im not sure what happened to you to make you feel this way but im sure it can all be worked out. im on this site everyday and most nights and everyone here is just trying to look out for our best interest.

its obvious that most of the people here don't follow rules. if we did we wouldn't be growing mj. we all get anrgy about rules we don't agree with sometimes. we voice our opinion and move on. this site isn't about legalizing its about growing. we discuss many things mj related but at the end of the day its about growing. i hope you realize what your leaving before you decide to retire but if you don't good luck.

sorry to see you go Dc , it's not only about legalization here, it's also about helping each other understand exactly "how to grow", and sharing a few experiences of our grows along the way. it's about helping the new grower, and the more advanced sharing knowledge. go in peace my brother, and keep it green...

not sure what he means but best of luck. Did he mean we don't fight for our rights here, and that we are not into legalization? If so I agree 100% but show me one site that is? I like it here and I like the other sites I visit but I would agree most people talk a good game but MJ people are a fickle bunch to say the least. I mean no offense it's just the way it is, when the smokers and growers don't care or do anything you have to just move on and that may be best for you...I know it gets to me too. I'm really not sure what he meant though to be honest.

well i haven't seen anywhere on this site that says its about legalizing. i do see where it says marijuana growing forum.. so if your looking for a legalization forum your in the wrong place but if you wanna learn about mj and how to grow the best mj you'll ever smoke then your in the right place. sounds like you need your meds this morning. i'm always pissy when i haven't smoked to.

we aint supposed to get political :hubba: I would guess, of the Folks on this forum, only the illegal dealer[gets paid] and LEO[gets paid] wants marijuana to remain illegal ;)

How about a PHILOSOPHICAL thread???

I mean, I am philosophically inclined to disbelieve anything a politician has to say, anytime their lips are moving anyway, so to say this or that about this or that in a philosophical manner, avoiding any mention of a political side in the issue wouldnt be too much of a challenge, or would it??? :rofl:

Who knows, I have to understand that too myself. It is a grow forum and I agree but I think too many grow forums put sections in like MM and legalization, activism and we all get the wrong idea. But it is frustrating I know the feeling at times but that's why you belong to more than one site...that's not so hard just find a nice place that has what you want and you can do both learn/teach growing and the activism site. I myself have been warned, not even warned asked to respect the rules and asked nicely...unfortunately it makes it hard to discuss such things without getting political which is against the rules so it's probably just in their best interest so we have to respect that. I hear what he's saying though if that is what he is saying LOL, I'm still confused about the OPs post. Also FruityBud will post a lot of stories and with the politics rule it is hard to respond sometimes, so is life...it is hard to find a board about activism though that I will say. I Mod at another site and we have all that jazz, and still no one cares. You have to let it go and just move on...but I will say one thing all these forums on growing should just get rid of the other sections so as not to confuse anyone, we all know what happens once we allow politics, religion, sports etc. we act like children. I am often torn myself, I have spent hours upon hours organizing a post/thread only to have one person look at it, on legalization and activism etc. and then on that same site some dude posts "weed prices in your area" and he gets 500 replies, most people could care less and I see his frustration. But I see it everywhere not just here on the web but in real life too...I have some MJ user friends and they could care less, it's all talk just like anything else, people talk. Now if you are passionate about something you need to understand this otherwise you will never find like minded people. This is a grow forum and lots of sites are, legalization forums are hard to find IMO but we can't act like adults so what are we to do? My advice would be not to push people away or quit the boards but say hey this gets to me and have at it.

Like this I can say what is on my mind....you are right a lot of growers and smokers are not into legalization, they talk the talk but never do the walk. Fickle crowd of people IMO, some have to be though they have families etc. But I have found that very few MJ users even know the laws or anything about MM. Most MJers couldn't tell you why MM is good, they can spout out stuff like MJ is good for chemo patients, but if you asked why they couldn't give you one fact to back it up. It's just the way it is, we don't vote, we just talk. We don't march we don't rally we don't yada yada yada. I meant no offense to anyone but it's true of the MJ community as a whole. Just like people who complain about healthcare and then don't do anything...it is the way of the world. But I don't think you should leave, teaching people to grow is helping the cause, not a big help but a start. I often think sometimes it takes something big like a death or life changing event to ever get anyone to truly care about anything, for real.

Sounds like Dank is still upset that I took down his pics. I would take down anyones that were in violation of:

8. Please, for your own protection, do not post pictures or information about yourself or your life that would make it possible for the police to use against you or the site. No real life photos of yourself or family and friends. Anyone in the world can come to our site and look at anything you post. Be safe. Be free. Stay free.

The rules are here for a reason DC, and don't take it personally that I removed yours.

OK now I understand LOL.

I like what Puffin is saying too, there are many ways to say something I think LOL, without being political I need help with that myself.

slowmo77 said:
well i haven't seen anywhere on this site that says its about legalizing. i do see where it says marijuana growing forum.. so if your looking for a legalization forum your in the wrong place but if you wanna learn about mj and how to grow the best mj you'll ever smoke then your in the right place.

And I gotta give slowmo77 props for this post. MP is all about the growing.

see i agree with some of what you said and i disagree with some. see i know this forum is about growing. so i don't bother to get into legalization discussions also because its more politics than anything. but because i don't talk about it doesn't mean i don't care or do my part. i was a the world wide marijuana march this year in atlanta. i'm sure i'll go agin next year.. but keep this in mind.(if you put your neck out it will be the first one cut off.) i believe its my religous right and im an ordained minister. but its against the rules to discuss those things so i don't. its pretty easy. but i see it from both sides.. we should have a section for discussing the politics of legalization and if it offends anyone they can just avoid that section. but i aslo know that some people are very passionate about politics and legalization so it would be hard to avoid conflict. you can make everyone happy thats just how it goes i guess..

I agree, and it's good to see that you do your part. I agree to with the first one putting his neck out thing. However if we all put our necks out what a beautiful world we all would be living in, and that has happened very few times in human history...it's a hard thing to do.

Rules are rules, and this little sad rule prevents more harm than it causes...

hey Dustin...

I admire that fact that you stand up for what you believe to be right... but there's absolutely no point to make yerself a marter.

with the majority of the world's view on MJ being as it is, you would be lost in the shuffle the second you got busted cuz you made yerself a target.

be smart man... and strick around to help others. :cool:

btw... you have my favorite avi on the site :D

Sounds to me like a classic case of a loose cannon with an attitude. Let him go. If he wants to get picked up fine, but we don't need him taking down anyone else around here with him. People can talk big all they want until the cage door slams shut and tiny, the eight foot gorilla, steps out of the shadows for mating season.

We are a community. No one said we were ever a political community. Why do you think that political talk is frowned upon? We are here because we all have at least one passion and hobby that ties us all together. We are a family of users that help each other to stay under the radar. A lot of us don't have the privileged to be medical. I know you may say that you can still be busted by the feds and what not, but still, being medical offers you at least a tiny bit more protection against prosecution than most will ever see.

In many ways we are fighting for the legalization because as more and more people start to grow for their own use all those gang banging morons out there are going to find it really hard to push their product and give users a bad name. Its a ripple effect man. Once the pushers don't have anyone to push on where are they going to get the money to feed more crime? Contrary to what the gov. says not everyone out there is a hardcore drug user. Monetary funds from marijuana sales make up a larger percentage of any dealers income. Take that away and they will start hurting as well.

I say good riddance because if you aren't helping the family. You're hindering it. I think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate your situation. These people are here to help us and keep us as protected as possible while on this site. They do a damn good job and deserve to be respected for it. What they don't need is some grown man acting like a toddler because someone took his pictures down. They are doing what they are supposed to do, and for you to fly off the handle like you are is totally uncalled for. In fact making a thread just to announce you are leaving is completely ridiculous. There is more honor in just walking away without ruffling any feathers than there is to throw a fit in the middle of the coffee table section.

Do you not get enough attention? Is this why you felt it necessary to make it public that your leaving? Does anyone really care? In a month or two no one will even remember you were here. Sorry, but that is the truth of the matter. We only have room for people here that have passion, friendship, and a sense of community in there hearts. We don't have room for a spoiled child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back