RO system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real78

Reaction score
Ok I wanted to get somebody’s opinion about one of those 60-70 dollar RO systems off eBay. Has anyone purchased or used one before?

I am also in the market for one and have looked at several and spoken to some who have one. the problem I have is the ratio of good to bad water, and the fact that you need to have a pump prior to the filters of about 60 PSI. get it through the filters. The ones I am leaning towards cost about 200 to 250. Unless you have a very small need for water, it would probably be better to go with more than you need for now, unless it is strictly a budget situation, in which case I would get what you could afford for now. Hope this helps and good luck!! :cool:

I have one and its great, I fill a 20 gal drum with mine and use the water as needed.

My water psi is about 40 psi and it still works.

You can buy one with the booster pump if need be.

I have and use R/O filter that I purchased from here

hXXp://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/reverse-osmosis-filters-and-systems

Works great.

I have no choice now but to get a RO system. I was getting water from the store and the ppm was around 20-40ppm now it is around 110-140ppm which is out of hand. My bottle water is 34ppm max and I am going to check out a different store later next week. So by then I hope to have the money to buy a cheap RO system just to get me by.

Growdude said:
I have one and its great, I fill a 20 gal drum with mine and use the water as needed.

My water psi is about 40 psi and it still works.

You can buy one with the booster pump if need be.

How do you know what your psi would be from a sink?

pcduck said:
I have and use R/O filter that I purchased from here

hXXp://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/reverse-osmosis-filters-and-systems

Works great.

pcduck, awesome link. which system did you get?

Real78 said:

Its whatever your water pressure is....Its the same everywhere in your house.

surreptitious said:
pcduck, awesome link. which system did you get?

The 75 gal/day 5 stage deluxe system is the one I purchased. Besides the garden I use it for cooking and coffee. Makes a great cup of coffee;)

i think i might just get the 75 gpd plus system. i should be good with that. thanks!

Real78 said:

Get a pressure tester from hardware store cheap..Screws on your spicket outside or on utility sink.

I use rain water here but the snow water is better,thought!
Oneshot

I use rain water here but the snow water is better,thought!
Oneshot

I sure hope ya got a big space. Takes a whole lot of snow to make one gallon of water

pcduck , do you have to add anything like calmag to your ro water ?, i had to resort back to bottled water cause i couldnt get the one i bought dialed in --- its not the same as yours .

viper said:
pcduck , do you have to add anything like calmag to your ro water ?, i had to resort back to bottled water cause i couldnt get the one i bought dialed in --- its not the same as yours .

I sometimes add calmag for the 3rd and 4th week of flower and that is it.

ok, so i purchased the "plus" 5 stage one. should be here next wed. it was $216 shipped. once i get it up an running i'll let you guys know my thoughts on it.

thanks again pcduck.

surreptitious This shipment will not be shipped stealth, be prepared there will be advertising on outside of box about fish...nice tank you got.:rofl:

surreptitious said:
ok, so i purchased the "plus" 5 stage one. should be here next wed. it was $216 shipped. once i get it up an running i'll let you guys know my thoughts on it.

thanks again pcduck.

Did you get it yet? I am looking on-line for one as we speak.

So as far as I can see everyone has paid 120 and up? No one has the 60-80 dollar one?

pcduck said:
surreptitious This shipment will not be shipped stealth, be prepared there will be advertising on outside of box about fish...nice tank you got.:rofl:

actually, it was pretty stealthy! plain box lol

Latest posts

Back