rockwool germination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencowboy

Reaction score
Hey all...been having hit and miss luck germinating in rockwool...seems I've seen a post here talking about that but havent found it yet....anyone have a link out there?

good info mindz....question...you said ph balanced water...not sure how to determine that...I have a ph test kit and test my nute/weter mix with it, but not sure what you mean...

There is a simpler, easier to use alternative to rockwool called Sure to Grow that is discussed in detail in the General Indoor Growing section under Alternative to Rockwool.

In a very simplified rough analogy it could be described as similar to rockwool made from a PET1 plastic fiber. It is PH neutral (no more conditioning to balance the PH like you were discussing here), chemically inert except for the usual plastic solvents (has no chemical reactions with nutrients or additives), and instantly wettable (just pour water on until it runs through, let is sit for a few seconds, lift it up and let the excess drain out and use it -- on more presoaking). As importantly to people with sensitive skin, it is SOFT and resilient with no irritating prickly fibers and has no dust in it either.

I strongly suggest that you look it over and consider it as a replacement of rockwool. My local gardening store has decided that they will replace rockwool with it if the profit margin that they need is there.

Good smoking

MindzEye said:
I prefer to germinate in soil, I get much better germination rate then I take clones and put those in hydro.. Starting seedling in hydro can be tricky, but with some practice you can learn.

Same for me.:D

I've been using RW for years, but have never had much luck germinating in it.

I'd stick to bag seeds until you get it down.:hubba: I gave up when I couldn't even get bag seeds to work.:eek:

DD

i have been germinating seeds in oasis cubes for years never had to look at another way to germinate, i soak em in water for 12 hours then in moist oasis they pop quickly no trouble, it works great for cloning too

I germinate in paper towels then plant in rockwool.

well no wonder theres nothing around about germinating in rockwool....people dont do it!! Looks like soil first is the remedy....then clone....guess you can make a seed go a long way......you can learn a lot here...so glad I didn't wast all those seeds....
HT GC

greencowboy said:
well no wonder theres nothing around about germinating in rockwool....people dont do it!! Looks like soil first is the remedy....then clone....guess you can make a seed go a long way......you can learn a lot here...so glad I didn't wast all those seeds....
HT GC

Just do what I said.

The Sure To Grow is designed to germinate, seedling root, or root clones in and then grow all the way through.

Good smoking

Latest posts

Back