Rockwool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
when i transfer my rockwool cubes from my propogation tray and dome setup to my dwc set up do i take the white wrapper off of the rockwool before i put it in the rocks? Im a first time rockwool/ hdro user waitn on some seeds to arive so i can start again.
I know its a dumb question, but those are the only kind of questions i have.:cool:

I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. I took mine off because after I soaked them the plastic was already coming off.

NorCalHal said:
When I ran DWC, I allways left the wrapper on as it helped shoot the root mass downwards....

I will have to try that the next time I sprout some beans. But I have never had any problems with the root mass never shooting downwards. When using the bubble cloner and no rockwool the roots still always seek out water. I don't know, I will give it a whirl next though

NorCalHal said:
When I ran DWC, I allways left the wrapper on as it helped shoot the root mass downwards....
thats what i was thinking. I think im just gonna do side by side tests since it will be same strand with same start date. One side of me says the roots would naturally just grow straight down anyways in search of water,

but the I kind of also think it owudlnt be that bad of a thing if the roots did grow a little bit out then down, seems liek it woudl create a bigger root mass. Oh well , guess i have some experimneting to do, I will not in my soon to be Grow Journal

Latest posts

Back