runoff ph too low?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
it was time to water my plants today, so i fed them with a nute solution that as ph'd at 6.5.. checked the runoff pH and it was 6. that means my soil pH is lower than 6 right?

i'm using ff ocean forest, what should i do to fix this or is that big a deal?

this is an issue very seldom talked about here.to adjust your ph you should do it very slowly.sometimes it takes me 2-3 days to get my ph right for the water i use to top off my res.i guarantee you that you can have distilled water ph'd to 5.7 and let it sit until tomorrow morning and it will rise on you.its alot easier to adjust 5 gals than it is 1 gal and hold it.try this if you dis-believe me.i use nothing but distilled water and do it every week.i put an airstone in my bucket for my water i top off with.no need to go any further as i know what i'm talking about.check it and see.if you have to raise or lower than 2 points,take your sweet time,for it will fluctuate.

if i add some dolomite lime to the surface of the soil do you think that would help on my next watering?

adding lime is not really to correct your ph.if you get it on to begin with.it could be the soil,nutes or water your using.do you adjust your ph after adding nutes to the water?

yea, i let my tap water sit overnight, then i add nutes,adjust ph, and then check ph again right before feeding. it was a solid 6.7. the runoff was slightly more acidic for some reason (6.0 according to my liquid tester)v

this is why i think il go with coco coir next time around ,the ph dosnt change in that does it ????? .....i could be wrong if someone could correct me if i am wrong :)

Latest posts

Back