Rust Spots - 6 Weeks into flower w/pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've been feeding cal-mag...I would take a guess and say that it's being locked out somehow, either pH or overfeeding of something that is causing it to lock out. How long has it been since you flushed your plants? Ohh wait your working with organics, and micro beasties aren't you? You don't want to flush your little helpers out I don't think!....mmmm but if it gets much worse you may need to.

I'd say if new growth is good, and all is filling in nicely I wouldn't worry about a few leaves this far into flower...you have to weigh the negatives with the posotives sometimes, when your this far along. But keep an eye on it...maybe a shot of molasses for the beasties? Have you been feeding them anything?

legalize_freedom said:
If you've been feeding cal-mag...I would take a guess and say that it's being locked out somehow, either pH or overfeeding of something that is causing it to lock out. How long has it been since you flushed your plants? Ohh wait your working with organics, and micro beasties aren't you? You don't want to flush your little helpers out I don't think!....mmmm but if it gets much worse you may need to.

I'd say if new growth is good, and all is filling in nicely I wouldn't worry about a few leaves this far into flower...you have to weigh the negatives with the posotives sometimes, when your this far along. But keep an eye on it...maybe a shot of molasses for the beasties? Have you been feeding them anything?

I started this routine at week 4 of flowering:

In 4 days they get water,
then 4 days later they get food,
*repeat*
Fed as per the 100% AN Medium-feeding schedule available online @:

hXX[B][/B]p://www.advancednutrients.com/nutcalc3public/nutrient_calculator.html

Typically I have been mixing: @ 100% strength of the '100% Organic' line of nutrients, set to 'Medium feeding' with an amount of 5 gallon (18.9L). I mix two 5-gallon buckets with the amount of nutrients indicated (one set per bucket). Use Natural Up/Down organic, and the indicated amount of chloramine aquarium treatment stuff for 10 gallons (cut in half each bucket gets 2.5 ml instead of 5. Each plant gets one-gallon of water (16 cups), runoff is at least 10%. Have not flushed them since week 7 of veg, which was 7 weeks ago.

I am going to be lowering nutrients to 80% strength of the Light-feeding schedule. Or just mixing up the nutrients it asks when you set the amount of water to 4 gallons instead of 5, which is the same thing as 80%.

HIya Tact,

Maybe more waterings and less nutes? Maybe instead of Feed, Water, Feed, Water, etc., a Feed, Water, Water etc. routine might help (Lather, Rinse & Repeat ;)). I think its some type of build up of nutes cuz it does look similar to spots I've seen in veg growth from time to time. But I also totally agree with LF... I don't think a few funky leaves will make much difference after you trim up and smoke yer budz...:hubba:

btw... When I used AN my nutes routinely mixed up much hotter than the AN Nute Calc chart said they should with the amounts in the recipe. I always had to dilute my nutes to hit the 'target ppms' on feed chart. Since your PPM/EC function on your meter is kaput it's really going to be hard for you to dial in on your nute strength other than just try diluting it. Although the chart says "Medium Feeding" it's hard to know for sure without a PPM meter to get a reading on them.:rolleyes:

Peace!

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
HIya Tact,

Maybe more waterings and less nutes? Maybe instead of Feed, Water, Feed, Water, etc., a Feed, Water, Water etc. routine might help (Lather, Rinse & Repeat ;)). I think its some type of build up of nutes cuz it does look similar to spots I've seen in veg growth from time to time. But I also totally agree with LF... I don't think a few funky leaves will make much difference after you trim up and smoke yer budz...:hubba:

btw... When I used AN my nutes routinely mixed up much hotter than the AN Nute Calc chart said they should with the amounts in the recipe. I always had to dilute my nutes to hit the 'target ppms' on feed chart. Since your PPM/EC function on your meter is kaput it's really going to be hard for you to dial in on your nute strength other than just try diluting it. Although the chart says "Medium Feeding" it's hard to know for sure without a PPM meter to get a reading on them.:rolleyes:

Peace!

Peace!:cool:

That. My PPM is busted, going to try giving them only 50% light feeding tomorrow. But yeah, without a PPM who knows, I just know it will be less nutrients with the same amount of water.

Latest posts

Back