Sagging leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old female. The leaves starting at about half way down are sagging straight down. The soil doesnt feel too wet, I water about every 3 days. The plant looks very healthy and stands about 42 inches tall. Any ideas besides overwatering?

Later:cool:

I just transplanted it into a 3 gallon pot. Do you think too small of a pot can make the leaves sag if the roots are out of room? Ph is good.

noodles said:
I just transplanted it into a 3 gallon pot. Do you think too small of a pot can make the leaves sag if the roots are out of room? Ph is good.
Well if ya just transplanted it might be in shock. How long have you noticed this problem or did it happen after you transplanted?

Its been like this for about 3-4 days. The leaves were sagging before I transplanted it. I gave it some Superthrive this morning, hopefully this could help it out. The temp in my growroom is around 70 F.

The leaves look a little wilted where they are sagging. Looks like heat stress but couldnt be. Maybe I did overwater it early this week. Only give it about 10oz. of water every 3 days or so maybe longer sometimes.

if you transplanted most likely the cause, how is your drainage? Sometimes top can feel dry but no drainage = mud in the bottom.

I transplanted after it was already sagging. It did get down to about 55 one night in the grow room, do you think the plant got a little cold cause there was discoloration on the new growth, it was red. The bottom was dry.

noodles said:
The leaves look a little wilted where they are sagging. Looks like heat stress but couldnt be. Maybe I did overwater it early this week. Only give it about 10oz. of water every 3 days or so maybe longer sometimes.

noodles said:
I transplanted after it was already sagging. It did get down to about 55 one night in the grow room, do you think the plant got a little cold cause there was discoloration on the new growth, it was red. The bottom was dry.

this happened to me when i was forced to switch my plant from its warmer climate to a really cold climate... i shocked it almost to death... if you just baby it... it might come back... mine did i was lucky... that sounds just like mine

noodles said:

I dont think it was the temps. My room during winter months often gets down to 50 degrees and I have no problems. Granted, Im sure they arent loving me for it but they are definitly not sagging leaves. It sounds like shock to me. Try mixing a double dose of superthrive in your next watering. It works great on shock! Also I know this is a long shot but when you transplanted did you pack the dirt in there really tight? Good luck noodles.

Stunzeed..

stunzeed said:
I dont think it was the temps. My room during winter months often gets down to 50 degrees and I have no problems. Granted, Im sure they arent loving me for it but they are definitly not sagging leaves. It sounds like shock to me. Try mixing a double dose of superthrive in your next watering. It works great on shock! Also I know this is a long shot but when you transplanted did you pack the dirt in there really tight? Good luck noodles.

Stunzeed..

he said the leaves were sagging before he transplanted... so i doubt it was the dirt... it still seems like shock

I have no idea whats going on, but I will keep everyone posted. We'll see what she looks like in a couple days. I have one other female that looks like it is doing the same thing:eek: It has to be the temp. There was a night it might of got colder:confused: That would explain the branches turning red. :mad: Anyway thanks:eek: for the replies

Is the ph of your water in the right range? poss nute def.

If its overwatering dont make the mistake i did and keep giving them water, Let that soil dry out so they can beathe!!!
It's really ironic as they show signs of under watering when in fact the roots are drowning and cannot breath. I would cut down on the water and let the roots breath and if it gets WORSE (touch wood! it does'nt) you might want to try a little H202 to get some oxygen in the soil...But thats just my opinion and im not very experienced.

Oh and make sure there is no water sitting in the bottom of the pot, Get some good drainage! (another mistake i made...lol)

Hope everything goes ok bro,

RAD

It probally didnt get cold enough to hurt it and make it sag the leaves. Most likely is to wet or to dry. You have to figure out which one. If its to dry and you water it it will perk up in less than an hour. If to wet let it dry out and if it is to wet it will take a while to recover or it could be to late to save it. Slim

noodles said:
The plant looks very healthy and stands about 42 inches tall

noodles said:
Only give it about 10oz. of water every 3 days or so maybe longer sometimes.

Could be UNDER watering....

lol i guess i didnt read it properly!!

Yeah it was definely the underwatering. When I transplanted it, the soil was dry. When I transplanted it I gave it some water. I will make sure to give them more water.;)

Thanks for all of the help:banana: You guys hit it right on the nose:p

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back