Say it aint so. LA Confidential, Hermi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Man oh man..
First the DP Blueberry, I was alright with that because of their reputation..
Then the Blue Hash and Cali hash, I was alright with that because they were femd.
Now the LA Confidential is a hermi I believe.. Well really I know.. Just want you guys to confirm..
Looks like sacks to me..
I have caused very little if any stress at all.. Temp, rh, everything is fine.. very stable environment..
2nd week of flower...
DAMNIT I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE..

IMG_5218.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

ya im pretty sure there are no light leaks..
none of the other girls in this crop are hermis.. when the bb, bh, and ch hermied none of the other plants in those crops hermied..

I was reading a grow log on la con the other day and their la cons were hermies.. damn this sux.

ya this really sucks the big one.. i was really looking forward to keeping her clone as a mum..
btw this was from a non-femd seed.. the only female out of 4 seeds.

im not sure if the dp blueberry was femd, they were from a friend..
the blue hash and cali hash were femenized seeds..
the la confidential was not femenized..

Very sorry to hear it. You sure about the La confidential not being feminized? I thought the one's the Attitude sent as UFO's were indeed feminized. (if that's where you got it)

i actually bought a pack of 10.. the package didnt say they were femenized..

Man that sucks! Just because one or 2 herm don't mean the whole pack is junk though, you may find a keeper pheno in there.

No light leaks...so what other stress have they had? High temps? any screw ups in too dry or overfed, fed the wrong nute?....try to run through your grow and make sure it's nothing you have done, before you go chucking the seeds...

I am sorry to hear that!

i know man.. nope, everything is good.. constant temps between 72 and 77.. i feed, water, feed, water,etc. and i do the finger test, look at the leaves, feel the weight,etc.. always water on the 6th day with 20%.. 1gal every 6 days for my 5gal bags.. everything is stable..

thx for the sympathy guys, this is a hard one to get over :)

No light leaks...so what other stress have they had? High temps? any screw ups in too dry or overfed, fed the wrong nute?....try to run through your grow and make sure it's nothing you have done, before you go chucking the seeds...
:yeahthat: most definately.
i too started thinkin my mother had gone sour on me due to a couple hermies i found lil while ago. after growin her clones this whole year i finally got two herms on them, but after many many hours of careful backtracking all my fotsteps i found that the one thing i did on them two and not any the others was i gre them single cola style and trimmed the bottom two nodes completely off bout 1.5-2 weeks into flower and i did 2 more right after i chucked them two and let em do their thing naturally without trimming at all and all is well in my flower room now.
some strains im guesing are by far more sensitive to different conditions than others.
and some very very sensitive
and some you can just beat the heck outta and tehy jsut keep on keepin on.
i got an unknown strain like taht too goin :hubba:

i cut clones from the lowest node, but that was still in veg.. and like a week before putting into flowering.

but it could be anything really.
just back track ya whoel grow the best ya can and maybe try narrowing it down to if you done somethin to them and not the others etc etc..
im not sure if stress while in veg is enuff to bring out any hermie trait in a strain if its in the genetic makeup sumwhere but who knows nowadays with all the crossing and mixing of strains , strains on top strains on top strains and crossed wit auto and herms and fems and norma blah blah idk.
i wanna find some pure indi and pure sat strains and one day grow them and use them for a basis of breeding my own concoction. but this is all a dream now so.. LOL
maybe the pheno you got is just faulty too who knows :confused2:

well I I know that I don't want a strain that I can't clone without causing it to hermi. I'm not saying this grower did anything wrong either, just saying to run through the process to be sure it is nothing they have done, I mean 3 different strains in a row hermi on ya...you have to wonder if it's something you have done. Or you just have crappy luck!...I am sorry for you. You know the Cinderella 99 is known for not hermi-ing...I'm sure there are some other strains out there like that, but I know in my researching C99 before I bought it that one of the traits was that you could really abuse her without seeing hermis. May be worth checking out Relentless.

Thanks man. Pretty sure its all genetics and not really caused from stress.. I've tried to think of any stress I might have caused and can't come up with anything. I forgot to mention.. Yes I've had three strains hermi on me, but in all of these grows I have ran multiple strains in each grows, none of the other strains hermied and they were all treated the same.
Sux

That sucks dude....I hve 3 LA C beans left in my seed stash...was going to pop them but now I don't know...

ya man.. i havent seen very many la con logs.. the one i did see the guy said that his la cons hermied..
really sucks since the bud is so nice.

I really dont think it is any stress caused by me..

Relentless999 said:
ya man.. i havent seen very many la con logs.. the one i did see the guy said that his la cons hermied..
really sucks since the bud is so nice.

I really dont think it is any stress caused by me..

Maybe I will gve it a run anyway and see what happens...both my tents are kinda full right now so it will hve to wait for a bit till I can fit them in...thanks for the heads up though...

but in all of these grows I have ran multiple strains in each grows, none of the other strains hermied and they were all treated the same.
Sux
maybe it is in the genetics yes, but it might not be a faulty strain, just that maybe its more sensitive to somethin that the others were that never hermied. i have one i can trim off of all day long all the way from veg and thru flower and it wont ever hermie on me yet. but the other if i so much as trim anythin watsoever durring flower no matter how small it seems taht she hermies under any that kinda stress easily :confused2:
hopefully ya able to narrow it down soon and determine that it was not your grow in fact that caused it vs the genetics being faulty.
but i was thinkin to, do you rotate your plants in the garden.? cuz maybe if one your plants is sittin by the intake maybe a sliver of light is barely leakin thru to just taht one and not others , maybe? this happened to me erly on in my grow this year too.
you'd be surprised at wat problems can be lying right under your nose and your overlooking them too.
JMO.
good luck

Latest posts

Back