seaweed extract instead of fertilizer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MennoTheWise

Purplehorn
Reaction score
I'm doing an outdoor grow this season and I'm looking to keep it as organic as possible. I bought this organic seaweed extract and its apparently a growth stimulant. I was thinking of using it once I've transplanted the seedlings to their permanent home.

I don't wanna use any fertz or anything until the plants are well established (about 2-3 weeks) and let the soil do the business. I know you are supposed to use a nitro-rich fert in the beginning but I was thinking of just using the seaweed extract with a little bone, fish and blood meal which will hopefully carry me through to flowering where I might start using a more phosphurus/potassium strength fert.

I am a first timer here so advice and criticism are welcomed with open arms! So what do some of you experienced growers think of this plan of action? Has anyone tried these products or attempted a similar style grow?

I've never used it. Probably a lot of iodine in it. I'm using pasteurised sheep manure at the moment. Let us lnow how you get on with it please.

Yes phospherous is what you will need ! i foliar feed with miracle grow at quarter strength ! and so far only once in 5 weeks ! i am growing organic at the moment have my compost and am using blood and bone , dolimite lime , potting mix , kelp ferts (seasol) and fish ferts (charlie carp ) and recently had yellowing tips curling upwards which was a phospherous problem so i foliar fed some M/grow and now have 5 champion race plants ! peace and goodluck !

Latest posts

Back