Seeds on plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackie54

Reaction score
I planted my germated seeds April 1.Ended up with 4 out of 12. Sexed them an all female, yesterday I harvested all 4, There of them hard with no seeds, buds could not put my fingers around them (BIG).The 4th one looked like unpoped popcorn an seeded. Are these seeds fertilized. I had no males in my 12 at start. Could I have a neighbor growing or what.

could've been from a neighbor. (why we always advise people to kill males if you're not gonna breed, or you risk screwing other people's plots)

the way you describe the one with seeds being so different, i suspect it's more likely that it hermied.
odd the others had NO seeds at all though. were they far apart? because no matter the cause, they all should've had some seeds if the one is loaded.
you caught all your males quickly?

as always, pics would've been much more helpful ;)

i think you mean fertile, not fertilized.. yes they likely are fertile if they're brown and not white.. but i would advise against growing them (they're more likely to have issues resulting in plants like this bad one if they were infact from a hermie ;))

I would suspect a hermie before suspecting a neighbor's grow. There was only one plant pollinated, which kind of shows that it is probably not stray pollen. Nanners can hide deep inside buds and not be visible at all, but they can still open and spread pollen. Where did you get the seed for the one that pollinated?

When you ask if the seeds were "fertilized", do you mean to ask if they are viable? The female flowers were fertilized by the male pollen which is the reason that you have seeds.

Yeah sounds like your one plant might have seeded itself. Sometimes you can not even see the little buggers. Those seeds could be fine or they could hermie themselves down the line. I would bin them.

Latest posts

Back