Serious Leaf damage need help fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th3dr0

Reaction score
Hi, my plants are about 2 weeks into flowering and have serious damage to the leaves.

Strain-White Russian
Growth type-Hydroponic
Lamp distance from top leaves-18"
Type of bulb-400 W MH 12/12
Nutrients-FLORA NOVA bloom 1-8-7

From what I have gathered it seems to be a mixture of Heat stress from the lamp, and PH/nutrient lock, or possably over nutritized. They have been exposed to a PH of about 8 for 3 days due to the inattention of the person that checks the PH every day. Today the PH was lowered to 6. What I don't know is if they plants are getting to much nutrients, or the Ph has just simply locked them out.

The nutrients are Flora Nova Bloom 1-8-7 and I have been using about 35 ML per 2.5 Gallons. The hydoponic system is an emily's garden system.

I have added some pics.

tomato.jpg

Its nute burn, its just starting.
Get a PPM meter to mix your nutes Floranova products are very concentrated.

I see no heat stress in that picture.

Good luck.

Soo basically flush it and redo the nutrients?

I have no experience with using a PPM meter I know its purpose but I wouldn't know how to read it.

th3dr0 said:
Soo basically flush it and redo the nutrients?

I have no experience with using a PPM meter I know its purpose but I wouldn't know how to read it.

Yea flush and just go light on the nutes.

PPM meters are very easy to read just stick the probe in your nute solution and read the number.

When the tips of the leaves turn brown it the start of nute burn.
the edges of the leaf will also brown if it gets worse.

flush em out, and fix the water to be 7.0 and be sure you use mineral water do not use hosue water due of chlorine issues. you must understand when water is balanced at 7.0 its is neteral water safest water for us and our buddy plants

I never use house water usually distilled.

Still my only issue is I don't have the budget for a PPM meter, and I still don't know how much nutrients to use. Anyone with any experience with these nutes that can tell me off hand how many ml/L can safely be used?

I have been going by the chart on the bottle which is 30-45 ML per 2-2.5 Gallons and that seems to burn the plants..

Its very simple. Use a VERY LITTLE AMOUNT. like... barely anything, see how your plant reacts, and then go from there. Remember a little goes a long way, too much, and its just a problem.

the typical dosage of flora nova is 10ml per gallon. That is the manufacturers recommendations which I always cut in half and work up from. Where did you get the infomation to feed your plants 15+ per gallon? That is toxic for the plants.

papabeach1 said:
flush em out, and fix the water to be 7.0 and be sure you use mineral water do not use hosue water due of chlorine issues. you must understand when water is balanced at 7.0 its is neteral water safest water for us and our buddy plants

What? PH adjust a hydro solution to 7... No please do not do that. Hydro solutions should be ph'd to 5.7 ish, even starting at 6 is a bit to high, IMHO, I would start it at around 5.7 and let it drift up to around 6.1 or so.

Its very simple. Use a VERY LITTLE AMOUNT. like... barely anything, see how your plant reacts, and then go from there. Remember a little goes a long way, too much, and its just a problem.

Only problem is I don't have unlimited access to the grow area, so it is very hard for me to work around this.

I flushed it today with distilled water PH adjusted it to just under six and put about 10 Ml in with 2 1/2 gallons of water to be safe.

sorry for the confusion, for hydro Im sure you know more than I do about hydro, can ya explain why that ph balance need to be that low? and I usually to be sure the water is 6.8 to 7 for soils please give me good recommend I can try out cuz im doing the potted mixed soils with gunaos

massproducer said:
What? PH adjust a hydro solution to 7... No please do not do that. Hydro solutions should be ph'd to 5.7 ish, even starting at 6 is a bit to high, IMHO, I would start it at around 5.7 and let it drift up to around 6.1 or so.

The PH level of a hydro system will determine how well the plants absorb nutrients..if the PH is to high the plant will not properly or will not absorb nutrients at all. As mentioned earlier you are going to want to keep it between 5.5 to 6.8 at the veryy highest.. Any higher is to high.

Yes soil is different, a healthy range is from 6.5-7.

Latest posts

Back