Should I find out sex now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hidesert

Reaction score
Im growing 24/7 400w MH at about 10" from plant. Should I find out the sex by going to 12/12 lighting and for how long do I keep the 12/12 on for? Hate to waist time and my energy to find out its a male and not a female.

Once I find out its a female go back to the 24/7 for vegging, want a lot more height than what I have now.
I have been doing everything right sitting for hours watching them grow...and yes they do grow faster when you watch them....
Black Domina

IMG_bush.jpg

On my last grow I let my plants get to the height I wanted then switched the light cycle. I started with 5 and ended up with one female. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

If you switch to 12/12 to sex, when you put them back into veg it will take longer for them to grow to the height you wanted then if you just left them veg.

Take a cutting and stick it in water and set it in the window..about2 weeks later will show sex

if it was me I would cut the two losted nodes (since they will be the smallest buds) ive read you can put them into a glass of water but i made the diy easy cloner put your clones on 12/12 they will show sex
if you do put it into water without an airstone change the water atleast twice a day
thats what I would do
you dnot have to and im sure you will get other opinions

Latest posts

Back