Should I repot these little green beings!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all! I have 7 plants going on and in 5 of them I can
already see the sex. 4 are girls and 1 is male...the other 2 are still not showing...but they look like girls too. Well, let's see!!!
I wanted to ask, when should I start to get rid of the male from the grow box? I mean, could he pollinate the females? When do male plants, start to fill with pollen?

As Soon As You See That Is A Male !!!!
Cut That Sucka :)

Lets get some new pics of those lovely ladies and I have been following your thread and looks good. Keep it up hemp-o! By the way, send the male to cannabis "hell".

Thank you guys!! Thanks NGT to follow my thread!
I think my plants are doing ok. The only thing is that they are growing a bit slower...I think... Are they growing slow?

Another one showed the sex and is female!! :D

I'm thinking they are getting too big for those pots and I would like to repot them in bigger ones. What do you think?

The first 2 pictures are the male plant and the following 2 pictures are 2 of the 5 females showing blond hair!! :D

If you zoom the pictures, you can see better the male and female.

maschio.jpg

maschio2.jpg

femmina.jpg

18JAN07femm.jpg

18JAN07 018.jpg

18JAN07 025.jpg

18JAN07 020.jpg

18JAN07 033.jpg

18JAN07 022.jpg

i could be wrong cause iv never seen any in real life but i think i see pollen sacks. if im wrong then nice plants. getting bushy.

are you still just using fluros ???? ... they look great

Get rid of those males quick unless you want pollen and seeded females all other the place.

newgreenthumb said:
Looking mighty fine! ;) Thanks for the pics!
Hey NGT, you are very welcome!! You don't know that yesterday, after coming back home from work and reading your post, I went out again just to get batteries for my camera...just because you asked!! ;)

night501 said:
i could be wrong cause iv never seen any in real life but i think i see pollen sacks. if im wrong then nice plants. getting bushy.
You are not wrong N501. What you see it's a male plant. As I said in my previous post, I have a total of 7 plants and 1 is male....they are getting bushy!!

BSki8950 said:
are you still just using fluros ???? ... they look great
Hey BSki8950, thank u!! Yes, I'm just using flos (16/8) and I'm going to use them until the plants reach a certain high and width. I want them big before changing to an HPS for flowering.

schlendrake said:
Get rid of those males quick unless you want pollen and seeded females all other the place.
Luckily the male is only one and yesterday I took it out of the grow box.
I don't have the courage to kill him so I gave it to my cat to eat :rolleyes: and I think I'm going to plant it somewhere outside, in a green space....

I have to say that I've been very lucky in having only one male on 7 plants..... :p
I'm thinking to repot, what do you think?

kitty how old are they in those pics that u posted. Looking GOOD:)

To be honest, s m, I don't know precisely how old they are!!! I planted some on the 28th and 30th of Nov and I planted the others on the 3rd, 5th and 6th of December. Then when I repotted them, I mixed up the labels and now I don't know which one is which! They should be around 1 month and 20 days old....kind of!! You have to think, though, that at the start, they didn't grow properly. They had the wrong light and for a week, the grow was almost zero. They were growing very thin and only in height, as you can see from the very first pictures in this thread. When I look at the difference though, I'm amazed!!!
Today I checked the male plant, which I'm keeping outside the grow box, on the top of it, and one of the pollen sac bursted! I think I took him out just in time..... :p :p I also found a solution for this plant. Yesterday a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend would like a MJ plant as ornament for her house and I'm going to give her the male plant. So happy I found a place for him.....I mean, a nice place!!
Thanks everybody for the advices and to follow my thread!!:p

PS nobody answered my question....do you think it's the right time to repot them? I'm sure the same grow is happening inside the pot and I think they are full of roots growing and growing....Well I think I will repot them soon...very soon..

Thanks for the pics, if they are a foot tall or taller check to see if they are root bound by attempting to lift the root ball out of the pot. Try not to damage the roots or your babies. If the root ball is a tightly packed mass of roots that look tangled and compacted then it is time for a repotting. General rule of thumb is "one" gallon for each 12in of plant but I usually go 18in per gallon so as not to have too much space left over in the pot whereas the soil stays wet longer. IMHO. But they look good none the less. :48:

Also moved that male from the top of the box, get hime over to your friends house if she still wants him and hope that bursted sack didn't send pollen through your air intake. :(

Hello Kitty,
Your plants are looking good, keep up the good work.

I also wanted to say that your pictures are the best example that I have seen of what male pods look like.

newgreenthumb said:
Thanks for the pics, if they are a foot tall or taller check to see if they are root bound by attempting to lift the root ball out of the pot. Try not to damage the roots or your babies........
Thanks for the tips ngt!!! I've never repotted (only my little peat pots but in that case I put the full little pot in a bigger one). Your tips are very useful!!!

dontknowmuch said:
Hello Kitty,
Your plants are looking good, keep up the good work.
I also wanted to say that your pictures are the best example that I have seen of what male pods look like.
Hey dkm!! It's nice to see you again!! Regarding my pictures of the male and female, my intention was just to make it as clear as possible!!! And if you tell me that, I think I made my point!! ;)

I'm going to buy pots today and then I'll check my plants as ngt said.
Will let you know.

Thanks again to help me and to follow me.

You welcome hemp-o, by the way what size are your pots, because with the change in size will give a noticeable growth. For some reason they love the extra space especially after being root bound.

Hey again NGT! I did what you told me to (lift the pot and see if there is any growth) and I absolutely need to repot. I couldn't buy the pots on sunday, so I'll do it today and I'll post some pictures to show the roots. Also, I don't know the size of my pots. I need to check and will let you know.

I go by the rule 1 gallon for every foot. And after paying an arm and a leg for new pots at a hydro store, I just ran across some great pots at my local dollar store.

Keep it up. I can't wait to see your hps.

Here are 2 pictures of one of my plants. Top and bottom. As you can see the roots are everywhere and I'm planning to repot later on tonight.
Sorry for the quality of the second picture but is not easy to hold an heavy plant with one hand and take a picture too, with the other hand!!

Hey DKM, the HPS will have to wait for a few weeks....I will have to split the grow box in 2. One side for veg and the other for flowering.

23JAN07 roots.jpg

23JAN07roots.jpg

Latest posts

Back