Should I spray/mist my plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
I found a pressure sprayer on sale for cheap and I'm wondering..

Is there any advantage to spraying/misting marijuana leaves, possibly with some sort of nutrient, as opposed to just plain watering?

I don't mist my plants........ except clones when I first put them in a dome....... The sprayer will come in handy if you get mites:(:bolt:

I also do not mist my plants. It can actually cause some problems if you live in a humid area. Misting can be effective however if you have a deficiency or as Grower mentioned, those are good if you have to spray the plants because of a mite infestation. I personally do not use the same sprayer for different chemicals--I have one for pesticides, one for nutrients, and one for plain water.

I also do not mist my plants. It can actually cause some problems if you live in a humid area. Misting can be effective however if you have a deficiency or as Grower mentioned, those are good if you have to spray the plants because of a mite infestation. I personally do not use the same sprayer for different chemicals--I have one for pesticides, one for nutrients, and one for plain water.

So, what do you use the one for plain water for?

We all start growing and here that misting plants is a bad thing from beginning of our growing days and should only use it when there is problems with our plants ( foliar feed ) to get the deficiency corrected quickly,,, This is true
but as we get more experienced we tend to push the envelope our rooms become better dialed in humidity is controlled all aspects of your room is under control.
But as we all know every growers room is different... so what works good for one person might not work good for the next,,
My self i am a firm believer of making it rain in my rooms from implementing just misting plants to actual foliar spraying weekly even if plants do not need it up to 4 - 5 th week of flower with no issues
Some Rules i follow by is i mist my plants or foliar about 5 hrs after lights off giving time for plants to cool down from there 18 hrs of intense lighting i can arguably agree i see massive growth rate healthier plants with just misting plants then not misting
I will mist and foliar 2 times every 8 days going from just plain water light mist to actual 1-1-1 foliar feed mixture
In flower i will start 3- 4th week foliar feeding 0.001 zinc 0.001 iron up to 5th week again having good dehumidifiers controlling humidity never had mold issues but also venting rooms with fresh outside air for after each mist

So, what do you use the one for plain water for?

I misting the soil when I plant seeds (talking about all kinds of seeds, veggy, flower, herbs, cannabis) and for misting clones. There are some flower and veggy seeds that are very tiny and the only good way to water before they come up is a mist.

I started out misting clones early on in my growing career but found that when cloning in higher humidity spaces that the clones didn't need it. You can mist for extra nutrient intake for the plants, but I also ffound with mine that they grow so well in veg that I don't want any better nutrient intake or they will grow into monsters before I can get them to the fflower space. So I reserve misting for low humidity situations and nutrient deficiencies. :)

I would say that iff you had a situation where your plants got stunted due to root damage and they are slow to take off growing again, you could give them a low ppm nuted spray to help them get what they need to make repairs and get moving. You just have to be careful with foliar ffeeding as it is easy to make mistakes if you are new with it. Less is always better than more in growing MJ. :)

Plants love it, if your growing environment allows you to do so safely, I say yes..

Foliage is a secondary way to keep plants healthy during veg.

I do not do it during flower, moist dampness is never a good idea, that is the way I got my 3rd child.

:peace:

Hi track, I mist around 3-4 week of veg using mg as im hydro/coco and there sometimes is a need for mg before I hit 12/12 this way I necer see an mg def during flower, I add a teaspoon per 4 liters ph'ed 6.0 luke warm and add last hour of lights on or just before lights on, I also add a low dose of N&P folier again around week 5 of flower 3 times that week last hour of lights on, the stain i have atm is on her 3rd run after selecting her from 3 types from regular seeds so know the plant, and she loves folier, so its a thumbs up from me, yes other things should be tuned up dialled in your groom, i only change one thing on a new grow so that way I know if its not needed next time, hope that helps, just remember theres many ways to skin a cat, dont be afraid and listen to your plants, they will tell you if somethings missing :)

bNe

And keep in mind that you'll need good ventilation or humidity control if you are misting regularly. Nothing like high humidity to encourage mold and mildew, or to feed condominiums & housing complexes for spider mites.

And keep in mind that you'll need good ventilation or humidity control if you are misting regularly. Nothing like high humidity to encourage mold and mildew, or to feed condominiums & housing complexes for spider mites.

one of the reasons I only mist around lights off just a little over the tops and under etc but yes humidity/ventilation should be no.1 again depends on type of grow ie how many plants in size space etc but i wouldnt recomend trying like as said until youve nailed the basics which doesnt take long if your paying attention, I mean watching your plants

Fresh xplants and clones get misted around the base of the plant for the first week or so, along with the the tops. Never had a problem, my rooms run warm on purpose and the girls love me for it. Oscillating fans on 24/7 prevent water droplet-induced light burn. :)

:peace:,

Latest posts

Back