SICK PLANTS! please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groworganic

Reaction score
I have some sick plants on my hands and I just don't know what to do. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. They are about two months into vegging under two CFL'S and they are all growing in soil. I am using Iguana Grow nutrients about once for every 3 waterings and following instructions closely. For some reason the leaves are turning brown and crispy and I am starting to panic...please help! Here are some pics to help you guys determine what it could be.:( Thanks.

plants2 001.jpg

plants2 002.jpg

plants2 003.jpg

plants2 004.jpg

It's either ph related, overwatering or nute burn. Whats the ph of the soil? How often do you water? Did the leaves do this the day after you gave them nutes?

i water whenever the pots feel light. Usually once every two or three days on average. Spots started to show a few days after I gave them nutes for the first time but the leaves didnt start turning really brown till about a week or two later. The pH is somewhere between 7 and 8 (i don't have a very accurate pH tester). Could it be anything else? maybe underwatering?

groworganic said:
The pH is somewhere between 7 and 8 (i don't have a very accurate pH tester). Could it be anything else? maybe underwatering?

You need an accurate PH test...but anything over 7 is too hi.
Also how much iguana nutrients are you adding. Are they hydro ferts...if they are you may be adding the wrong mixture and it is way too strong.

Hey Groworganic,

Yeah, those ladies are in need of some TLC, I'll be thinking good thoughts for ya dude.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

If you're certain you've been giving them the correct amount of nutes that can only leave ph really. You need to get a ph meter

Give them a good flush with plain ph adjusted water. You should see improvement in a few days. When you feed again, start off with half strength nutes or less, watch closely and work your way up.

Good luck

Are they hydro ferts...if they are you may be adding the wrong mixture and it is way too strong.
I use hydro nutes for soil. What I do is feed nutes every 3rd watering. Water, water, nutes, water, water, nutes, etc. Stoney Bud said he didn't agree with my method but i've had wonderful results with this regimen. Just remember, nitro leaches out of the soil but phospho and potash are there until the plant uses them. Between 7 and 8 is waaaay too high. You should shoot for 6.1 to 6.8 in soil, preferably 6.2. Good luck.

watzzzup groworganic,like has been said,just use ph balanced water/////also i'm not sure that if u flush miracle grow soil it will release more nutes,hence burning the plant more.

sorry dude about the miracle grow comment,,i was thinking of some1 elses thread,,,stoned lol.

the iguana grow juice i have been using is made for soil, so I know the dosage is somewhat correct. I'll dilute the mixture with a little more water to make it less strong. In the mean time I will give them a good flush and find a descent pH tester. Thanks a lot for your help everybody.

Latest posts

Back