Skunk killer light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSkool

Stubborn as an ol' mule..
Reaction score
Howdy all.

I came across this doing a search for bulbs and thought what a great idea! Odor eliminating cfl bulbs!
Light up your plants and get rid of the skunk smell at the same time!
The best price I found was here: hxxp://www.buylighting.com/23-Watt-Fresh2Ti-Odor-Eliminating-CFL-p/tcp28923f.htm at $9.99 each.
The bulbs come in three flavors. 14, 23 and 27 watters. All sites showed the bulbs as being 2700k bulbs, perfect for the flowering 'stinky' period!
One site, superiorlighting.com, offered various kelvin options on the bulbs, but they were 4 to 5 bucks more apiece.

I have a pair ordered for my babies. I'll let you know.

OldSkool

(ps, sorry if this is old news to you all. I am new to this site.)

OldSkool said:
Howdy all.

I came across this doing a search for bulbs and thought what a great idea! Odor eliminating cfl bulbs!
Light up your plants and get rid of the skunk smell at the same time!
The best price I found was here: hxxp://www.buylighting.com/23-Watt-Fresh2Ti-Odor-Eliminating-CFL-p/tcp28923f.htm at $9.99 each.
The bulbs come in three flavors. 14, 23 and 27 watters. All sites showed the bulbs as being 2700k bulbs, perfect for the flowering 'stinky' period!
One site, superiorlighting.com, offered various kelvin options on the bulbs, but they were 4 to 5 bucks more apiece.

I have a pair ordered for my babies. I'll let you know.

OldSkool

(ps, sorry if this is old news to you all. I am new to this site.)

LOL--I ran across these a while ago and was wondering about them. I don't grow with cfls, but if the odor thing worked, it would certainly be worth throwing in some side lighting with these. Let us know.

you would need about 200 of those bulbs to get a good yield.

NO no no. I've already got a killer setup. Just searching for some better tubes (more lumens) for a reasonable price. Just ran across these. Thought one or two in my growcab would help during flowering, thought I would pass it on to you all.

I figured it out. It would take roughly 32+ bulbs. IF the 27 watt cfl's do indeed match a 100 watt incandescent. 32 x approx. $3 = $100 with tax.
Not sure about the lumens tho.

Ok. Seems like 1750 lumens is pretty standard for a 26-27 watt cfl in either cool or daylight spectrums.
So 32 x 1750 = 56,000 lumens divided by square feet, in my case, 6, for a whopping 9,333 lumens psf at a cost of $100 or so. Yikes! You should be able to grow weed about six feet away from the lights! I only have 4,300 lumens psf, and that is plenty for my space (2 x 3 ft sq, 6 ft tall).
Or, I could buy some 40 watt cfls, 2650 lumens each, 6.50 ea. I have 320 watts of bulbs, so I would need 8 bulbs to match wattage. The combined lumens psf would be 21200 divided by 6 = 3533 lumens psf for a cost of $52.
I'll stick with my 8,40 watt T12's at 3,400 lumens each for less than $4.00 a pair. 320 watts consumed, 27,200 total lumens, 4,533 lumens psf in MY growing space for a cost of around $16 to $32 depending on cool white reg (3150) or professional (3400 lumen output). Using old technology and low heat in a confined space, a must for alot households with small children, nosy neighbors, etc.
That's why the no-smell-um bulbs appealed to me.

I like the post, I just for fun I am only using florescence, t5 and cfls, for my first grow. From what I have read I am intrigued. To quote Seinfeld, a "no smell, no tell" is just a great bonus!

I have 9,000 lumens psf. Cost: 125$.

XXX.craigslist.com

;)

I buy 1 80$ bulb every other grow.

You will have to buy new bulbs too...whats that cost ya?

Latest posts

Back