small cupping leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishcabo

Reaction score
I am normally a hydro guy but I wanted to grow a couple of different strains in soil from seed to make a mother of each type and decide which strain was the best.. Both have a beautiful fat leafed purple indica dad with one mother sour diesel and the other is grand daddy purple. I am currently in week three of flower and for about a week or so I have been noticing the smaller leaves cupping and curling a bit. I know they are starting to stress. All the large fan leaves are fine. I do have to water every two days as they are sucking the container dry. I have done a little research and have come up with the following:

1) plants are potentially rootbound. I have five plants from one to two feet tall max in a rectangular planter box that holds maybe six gallons of soil.

or

2) fertilizer burn. I am using fox farm at the recommended rate.

My question is does anyone think I should carefully transplant at this stage in the game (end of third week of 12/12. I could stop the nutes as the new soil would have plenty which would also get rid of the root bound problem. If I do transplant, do I need to raise the light for a bit so as not to shock them? Thanks in advance for your help.

You won't be able to transplant if you grew them in the same container as the roots will be hopelessly tangled. Or if you do, you will set the plants back a lot, with root damage. I tried this myself once with 6 sativas and I always used single pots after that. They probably are rootbound.

Latest posts

Back