SnowWhite Generation 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Puffin,
Did I miss it ? I looked all through here a second time, and still don't see it, so I thought I would ask. Wouldn't your root development be so great that you would also trim them back a bunch to inspire new root growth ?
If you do trim them, how much do you have and how much would you take off ?
sorry for the third degree, but I like to learn.:aok:
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
Hey there Puffin,
Did I miss it ? I looked all through here a second time, and still don't see it, so I thought I would ask. Wouldn't your root development be so great that you would also trim them back a bunch to inspire new root growth ?
If you do trim them, how much do you have and how much would you take off ?
sorry for the third degree, but I like to learn.:aok:
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Howdy KK!!!

I havent looked at the roots, let alone trimmed em on this grow. I understand what you are saying. However, being root-bound isnt an issue in hydro. why??? I dunno, I just heard it a long time ago and never thought more about it.

If I needed to trim them I would just put the whole mass in a bigger container, way easier. with my system it is easy to replace the top or bottom container. Those rocks are a pain to clean even after dry, would be an incredible mess with a live plant.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
have you ever thought about seeding her on say... her "last" generation?

Great minds think alike.

yes, I am thinking of keeping her as a Mom, and even crossing with another Haze if I can get a decent male. :cool:

Howdy SnowWhite fans!!:hubba:

It's been 13 days and I took another pic after tieing her down again. the pic is dark and off color, but you should still be able to see the new growth. Certainly, you can now see some of the tieing down. The old growth remaining from REGen 4 will yellow and wilt away, only the new growth will remain. I will flip the lights next week on day 21, but by then I will have tied down even more than now. I just keep pulling the longer shoots into less dense areas.

SnowWhite is on schedule, everything as expected. :D

SnowWhite Gen 5 day 13f.JPG

:D I noticed the regrowth is really taking off. I took another pic, I hope you can see it better. I will be flipping the lights back to 12/12 this coming friday. I've got the light about 10 inches above the canopy.

the res is running 900 ppm and ph=5.7 and 74*
room temp is at 65 lights off and 75 lights on
I'm running a kerosine heater in outer area increasing room co2 to 1500-1600 ppm. fan provides constant ventilation.:cool:

SnowWhite Gen 5 day16.JPG

Puffin Afatty said:
I will be flipping the lights back to 12/12 this coming friday.

Oh, I thought you were revegging to get some clones! How many times can you do this, flower > reveg > flower > reveg...?

THCPezDispenser said:
Oh, I thought you were revegging to get some clones! How many times can you do this, flower > reveg > flower > reveg...?

:D Yes, I could take clones, lots of good shoots available now at 16 days. This is SnowWhite's 5th REgen. I know folks that have plants 10+ yrs old. All thing being equal, I think I could do this forever. :hubba:

whiteewiddoww said:
what were your yields on the previous generations

In generation 1, I had 7 females, got about 4-5 ounces. In REgeneration 2 I had 4 females and got 5-6 ounces. REgeneration 3 I had 1 female, got 6-7 ounces, in REgeneration 4 I had 1 female and got 10 ounces. I hope to get 12 oz in REgen 5.

BTW, I got into a jar of 1st harvest buds today and heres a couple pics. Sorry about the poor photography, but my 1st try with the macro on this ancient Sony Mavica camera.

SnowWhite Gen 4.JPG

SnowWhite Gen 4 a.JPG

Puffin Afatty said:
:D Yes, I could take clones, lots of good shoots available now at 16 days. This is SnowWhite's 5th gen. I know folks that have plants 10+ yrs old. All thing being equal, I think I could do this forever. :hubba:

Well that's just awesome! I am trying to come up with a 1 plant setup so I can have a nice small setup and this seems like it would be an excellent system! Do you remember the yields of the 5 generations? Have they remained constant or are they trending down?

THCPezDispenser said:
Well that's just awesome! I am trying to come up with a 1 plant setup so I can have a nice small setup and this seems like it would be an excellent system! Do you remember the yields of the 5 generations? Have they remained constant or are they trending down?
:hubba:

In generation 1, I had 7 females, got about 4-5 ounces. In REgeneration 2 I had 4 females and got 5-6 ounces. REgeneration 3 I had 1 female, got 6-7 ounces, in REgeneration 4 I had 1 female and got 10 ounces. I hope to get 12 oz in REgen 5.
:cool:

I meant this particular female, have you been revegging her 5 times and then flowering her again? What was her yield each time?

THCPezDispenser said:
I meant this particular female, have you been revegging her 5 times and then flowering her again? What was her yield each time?

it is this particular female, SW REgen 5
:rolleyes: In generation 1, I had 7 females, got about 4-5 ounces. In REgeneration 2 I had 4 females and got 5-6 ounces. REgeneration 3 I had 1 female, got 6-7 ounces, in REgeneration 4 I had 1 female and got 10 ounces. I hope to get 12 oz in REgen 5.:rolleyes:

that is som fine bud youve grow there. im hopin to get good results as well. this grow im going to let seed so i can get more seeds for future grows. i didnt see any pics of your plant though. did i not scroll down far enough?? peace!

:eek: I realize that the term GENERATION is in error as I use it herein. This is a REGENERATION of SnowWhite, 10 seeds, yielding 7 females, one was selected. Sooo, in essence She is all the same generation. Same parents, same roots, identical genetics.

I hope I didnt confuse everyone with this. From here on out I will use the term REGENERATION.:cool:

The day has come, SnowWhite is all vegged up, tied down and ready for flower cycle. :dancing: The moon went into gemini today, so it's a good time to induce flowering.

I flipped the light timer to 12 on and 12 off.
I adjusted the pump timer to run for 20 minutes every other hour during lights on only.
nothing else changes.
the room temp will run 65* lights off and 75* lights on.
I will continue to monitor the res daily, keeping ppm at 900, the ph between 5.6-5.8.
res heater is set at 75*.
I have a kerosine heater going in an outter area, increasing room co2 ppm to 1500-1600.

Here are the 2 latest pics. you can see the reveg well under way. I have her tied down and trimmed up for the most part. I'll still tie down any tops gettin too close to light to fill out canopy.

It's all downhill from here folks!!!! :clap:

SnowWhite Regen 5 day 1.JPG

SnowWhite Regen 5 day 1 a.JPG

SnowWhite is growing fast now. lots of old calaxys are turning into new shoots fast. the canopy is filling in nicely. I will be tieing her down some more as new growth approaches the light, instead of raising the light, at least until I absolutely have too.

PPM had risen to 1050, PH dropped to 5.6 and I added 3 gallons of rod water, bringing the PPM to 910 and PH is stable at about 5.8

Here are todays pics.:D

SnowWhite Regeneration Day 4.JPG

SnowWhite Regeneration Day 4 a.JPG

Latest posts

Back