Soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDz

Reaction score
Can I use the soil already in the ground at my site?

Yes you can but it may not be the best choice. What does the soil look like? Is it clay? Is it black? Does it drain well? Here's what I would do with my outdoor ladies: First, dig a hole about 3 ft around and as deep as possible. I usually go about 3-4 feet deep. I then line the bottom of the holes with plastic. This keep the good soil in and other plants roots out. Cut a few holes in the plastic to allow excess water to drain. Fill the hole with whatever kind of soil you choose. Pro mix is what I've always used as it is really good stuff. Then plant your lady and watch her flourish. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Yea I can bring soil there but I thought why do that when I can use the soil there!
Ok what If I bring pro mix there and mix the with half if the soil in the ground there? And lay mulch on top of the soil to keep moisture in the soil!

You may want to go 25/75. 75% being pro mix. Its totally up to you but going by common sense, the better the soil the healthier the plant. Mulching is a great idea. I am seeing very positive results after mulching my spots. Just opinions tho, best of luck.

:ciao:Pro-mix saved my sick plants ... stay the hell away from Sta-Green ... killed some of my ladies ... made the rest sick ... the only problem is ... Pro-mix is now very hard to find in NE Ohio ... I bought 2 3.8 cu ft compressed bags for $53.50 ... this was in April ... when back a few days ago ... out ... and can't get anymore ... got some different stuff they say is the same ... looks the same and the ingredients are the same plus it's 5 bucks cheaper ...

... what I did this year was dig my holes at least three times the width of the pots and 2ft deep or more ... I loosed about a foot of dirt at the bottom ... mixed the top part of the dirt in the hole with pro-mix ... then I put more pro-mix in then my plant ... I left in a foot or so lower than the ground so it will help hide the hight of the plant ... plus during dry times I won't have to worry about water running off to the weeds around the plant.:watchplant:

... I don't think I would use just the soil already there ... might cause problems ... with the pro-mix or any other good soil you don't have to worry ... at least during the first part of the growing stages ... ones the roots reach the original soil it should be well establish to handle just about anything ... IMHO ...

... SB are you still able to get pro-mix in your area? ... what area are you in?

I get 214 L of pro mix for 50$. So that pretty cheap IMO...
Iight guys thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back