some advice please?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippychick

Nosce Teipsun
Reaction score
I just started growing, I was wondering if someone had some growing set ups that are kind've cheap but effective

ive got some soil, 16oz cups, a flourcent light, lots of tinfoil, my closet is about 4ft by 2ft, any suggestions?

it was some topsoil my grandma had in her garage,i think it was miricle grow, i'm only trying for 2 or three, i wanna know i can grow befor i get to invested in it , if i'm sucessful next year i'll try for more

ok becareful with mg soil. its prenuted. does the bag say it feeds for up to 3 months. what about moisture control? if its says feeds for 3 months then you don't need to feed it untill that time is up. also becareful waterin, everytime you water in mg soil it releases nutes. so if you over water it could cause nute burn.. i always do a 70-30 mix of mg soil and perlite to help with drainage.

as for lights, you can buy cfls at walmart, homedepot, lowes. i'll find some good links and post them here for ya.. hope this helps. good luck

thnx, i had one plant it was about 2ft tall, i had jut put a seed in an old terarium, and surprisingly it grew. two days ago it just started to wilt, the littl leaves turned brown and fell off,only the bigleaves at the top are still green, could i still clone from it?

Hippychick said:
it was some topsoil my grandma had in her garage,i think it was miricle grow, i'm only trying for 2 or three, i wanna know i can grow befor i get to invested in it , if i'm sucessful next year i'll try for more

One of the things about growing is that the more you invest--time, effort, money--the better your chances of success are. Starting with unknown bagseeds, soil you found in your grandma's garage, 16 oz cups, tinfoil, and one fluoroscent light is starting you out at a disadvantage.

I would recommend starting with the link that slomo has given you and read everything pertinent to what you are planning--type of growing medium you should be using, lighting needs, ventilation, pots, nutes, reflective materials. It can be done on a small budget, but generally takes much more micro management (and knowledge) for a successful grow.

you probably could clone from it,but i wouldnt suggest cloning until you learn more about growing.cloning will be something a lil farther down the line.get a couple grows under your belt b-4 cloning.

Latest posts

Back