Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, just need to get them above 70, I like around 75. The cable box turned on its side seems to be the right warmth. You don't want the plugs to dry out either might need to spray them a time or two to keep them moist. Everything looks good though. You should see healthy green plants in about 3-5 days. Green mojo :)

Looks good, just need to get them above 70, I like around 75. The cable box turned on its side seems to be the right warmth. You don't want the plugs to dry out either might need to spray them a time or two to keep them moist. Everything looks good though. You should see healthy green plants in about 3-5 days. Green mojo :)

I couldn't get the plug to 70 even with the mat. I have them on a hot plate now that keeps the plugs at about 71. (I added the unsprouted plugs to the plate (I had the room) and moved the sprouted ones to under the LED. I'm only opening that door to check they aren't drying out...

I know you're busy with the new grow, pop by when you can, anybody else see me doing anything dumb here, feel free to jump in.

View attachment plate.jpg

I have poor past success rate with rooter plugs.. I have no good info. :( :(

It's looking good pappy, just make sure not to dry the plugs out or get them too hot and be patient 3-5 days and you will have success, then just move them in to what ever media your running.

It's looking good pappy, just make sure not to dry the plugs out or get them too hot and be patient 3-5 days and you will have success, then just move them in to what ever media your running.

That's easy for you to say, you're not living with a poltrergeist in there.
The hot plate keeps them at 70 - 73 but the heat is dry and I'm trying to keep my mitts off !!! But the plugs are drying out. I'd like to pour water in to that tray, let them soak it up and then pour off the excess but you said no touching so I spread drops from a syringe on the tops.

On the bright side, I'm almost ready to flower those survivors, I never thought THAT would happen.

Great pappy, your doing the right thing it sounds, don't get them too wet. The bean that I dropped when you did just sprouted this morning so I put the plug in the dirt under the lights, it's go time for her. You should get some sprouts today or tomorrow at the latest if you did it right...remember, moist not wet....that's the key. Green mojo.

Great pappy, your doing the right thing it sounds, don't get them too wet. The bean that I dropped when you did just sprouted this morning so I put the plug in the dirt under the lights, it's go time for her. You should get some sprouts today or tomorrow at the latest if you did it right...remember, moist not wet....that's the key. Green mojo.

She's up today just as you said but still has a helmet on. I'm NOT touching it :)

Woohoo gratz pappy. The point of this exercise was to help you see how easy it is to sprout seeds. Warm dark place, just keep it moist and give it time to do its own thing. The seed casing will most likely fall off but every once in awhile there is a need to take tweezers and carefully help. Here is a pic of the one that just popped for me, she is in the plug, in the dirt under a 400w MH and she is 1 day old. The whole cabinet thing was to get you to focus on just letting nature take its course and providing the seed what it needs to germ. Now that you see how easy it is to germ you can tailor your germing process to fit your needs better, just wanted you to really see how the rapid rooters work if done correctly. Here is a pic and gratz again man, your off to the races now brother :yay::banana::farm::icon_smile:

okay, 10 minutes to get done here,
weehoo, Kra Ven! Kra Ven! been walking around in here hahaha
but I'm thinking it's seeds too, both of these were Barneys from a blister pack, the others I'm still waiting for or come up and die were in vials.
And feminized. Man, they come up wimpy. And this helmet thing, I'm thinking it's because they come up the well and it doesn't get scraped off, it's awful. She has a sturdy looking stem though so I"M NOT TOUCHING IT :)
What about light? I'm leaving door open and window in there but when do I move to T5 or LEDs?
I want to put them in buckets with clay pellets.

After my wake & bake, that light made it look you had furrows ploughed in that pot and I'm thinking this guy is nuts ahahaha
They sure look pretty though, another healthy looking sprout eager to grow, mine look terrified.

View attachment 100_0740.jpg

View attachment 100_0737.jpg

Here's a trick to the helmets. Spray with a gentle mist, at least 5-8 times...get the helmet good and wet. Give it 60 seconds, then spray again 5 times...then gently start to "wiggle" the hat off, NOT pulling up too much!! If it "floats" around on the head of the sprout then it will come off. If the sprout moves WITH the helmet, leave it alone another day.

The water will loosen the membrane that is holding the helmet to the top. :aok:

Here's a trick to the helmets. Spray with a gentle mist, at least 5-8 times...get the helmet good and wet. Give it 60 seconds, then spray again 5 times...then gently start to "wiggle" the hat off, NOT pulling up too much!! If it "floats" around on the head of the sprout then it will come off. If the sprout moves WITH the helmet, leave it alone another day.

The water will loosen the membrane that is holding the helmet to the top. :aok:

I have seen it before and they usually bust out but I've had such crummy luck, I'm afraid to touch them. I did touch one once lightly with a brush and it fell off, I like your check re her moving with the lid, I will try that. I fear leaving it too long is a bigger risk. Thanks. Did you see the helmet stuff when you tried these rooters?

helmet stuck on there pretty good :-(

I fear leaving it too long is a bigger risk.

Yes, that can be an issue... rare, but I've seen it personally so probably not THAT rare. I haven't used rooters to pop seeds with, so I can't give my ideas there. Just keep the helmet wet when you wiggle :aok:

Yeah, leaving them on can rarely actually hurt them. Just keep wetting and wiggling every now and then. Just remember absolutely NO "tugging" (per say) so you don't mess with the very frail tap root.

Pappy both of those can go into a medium now. Doc is right about the seed casing. As soon as it pops it needs to go under the lights, that's why they are stretching now. Your doing good pappy. Your gonna have some nice plants. see how white the stems are, that tells me you had the moisture level perfect :aok: if the stems start turning purple or getting dark then they are not getting enough oxygen, it's the first sign of over watering or not enough dissolved 02 in your solution. Plug them in man and get your grow started :)

Pappy both of those can go into a medium now. Doc is right about the seed casing. As soon as it pops it needs to go under the lights, that's why they are stretching now. Your doing good pappy. Your gonna have some nice plants. see how white the stems are, that tells me you had the moisture level perfect :aok: if the stems start turning purple or getting dark then they are not getting enough oxygen, it's the first sign of over watering or not enough dissolved 02 in your solution. Plug them in man and get your grow started :)

NOW? I thought I was supposed to wait for a root to poke out the bottom.
Also, they look too frail to drop in clay pellets, I'll crush them, no?
Okay, okay, I'm off to set up the buckets (and the drip)

That helmet is stuck good! I'm putting a drop of water on it periodically.

Yeah, leaving them on can rarely actually hurt them. Just keep wetting and wiggling every now and then. Just remember absolutely NO "tugging" (per say) so you don't mess with the very frail tap root.

check, I put a drop on it and can see water between shell and green but no movement :-(

Set it up but you won't put it in yet. You'll put the rooters under a light (very minimal) and give them time to establish their cotyledons (first two round shiny leaves) and get a root system going...but it will want a minimum amount of lumens. NOT TOO MUCH, and at this point do not let the rooters dry out.. also don't over wet ;)

Let me see if I can dig up fighting a helmet in an old journal :) (just for fun really)

Hah! Here's the opposite I just found. You see, I germ using paper towel method. Anyways... this time, after 24 hours I opened up and saw THIS!! hahahahh It ran right out of its helmet!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back