Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some helmet experiences:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

VV This one had to be "deshelled" and it was tough, but I don't think it would have made it had I not helped it along VV

attachment.php

VV And this is just pretty :) VV

attachment.php

VV This is one that I never took the helmet off. This was one of my first germs ever..I did end up taking it off the stem VV

attachment.php

VV Only had a small tap root. Inserted into medium VV

attachment.php

Pappy, at this point I take the whole rapid rooter and gently either put it in the hydroton and turn the drip ring on till the tap root hits the water or just bury the plug in the dirt give it a light watering in and then I put it under my MH. It is raised to 4 foot above the seedling on 24/7, and then it comes down a little each day till its at 18" and it seems to work out real well for me. Either way got to keep the plug moist now, again, not wet just moist, and it needs light, it's grow time. Look at the difference between day one (first pic) and day two (second pic). once they pop they are ready to rock.

Here's some helmet experiences:

So I'm not the only one who waits around for seeds to HATCH !!!
For the love of Pete, what next?
I don't see any green on this one and it's looking grim. I think the other one will just fall over in solidarity, there's something in the air in here.

Pappy, at this point I take the whole rapid rooter and gently either put it in the hydroton and turn the drip ring on till the tap root hits the water or just bury the plug in the dirt give it a light watering in and then I put it under my MH. It is raised to 4 foot above the seedling on 24/7, and then it comes down a little each day till its at 18" and it seems to work out real well for me. Either way got to keep the plug moist now, again, not wet just moist, and it needs light, it's grow time. Look at the difference between day one (first pic) and day two (second pic). once they pop they are ready to rock.

Once they get some green going, it's exponential, I just can't seem to get out of the starting gate AGAIN. But I'm listening. I fired up the buckets and placed the two of them in the hydroton. I'm trying to be optimistic but it's looking pretty grim down there. I have them under the LED, 30 inches. It's not the warmest in there but it's above 65.

Hang in there pappy, I'm sure everything will pull through fine, sending green mojo your way man.

Hang in there pappy, I'm sure everything will pull through fine, sending green mojo your way man.

She still had the helmet this morning but was standing straight up. I held her stem and helped it off, at least half of it anyways. I hope that green mojo sticks.

Pappy, at this point I take the whole rapid rooter and gently either put it in the hydroton and turn the drip ring on till the tap root hits the water......

I'll never forget that picture. But your drip looked nowhere near the seedling and even THG remarked that it looked dry around the seedling. Does moisture move through the pellets the way it moves through say, a 'sponge"?
I have the water level just above the bottom of the net pot.

I'll never forget that picture. But your drip looked nowhere near the seedling and even THG remarked that it looked dry around the seedling. Does moisture move through the pellets the way it moves through say, a 'sponge"?
I have the water level just above the bottom of the net pot.

That is correct, it will move along the hydroton to keep the plug moist, if you have a drip ring going then drop the water level to 2-3" below the net pot. you want the roots to look for moisture, and with the air stone going its keeping the hydroton moist up though about the bottom half. Sounds like your on track, just don't want to drown the plant or cause it to damp off (it's a fungus).

I held her stem and helped it off, at least half of it anyways. I hope that green mojo sticks.

Make sure to spray again up under where you freshly took off :aok:

Make sure to spray again up under where you freshly took off :aok:

I was afraid to spray, I used a dropper to drop drops on her and then I'd soak off the excess with a napkin. Both look okay this morning, runts, but I see teenie, tiny real leaves starting.

Don't soak it off... let it soak into the membrane. At least, this is what I do.

And obviously if you spray, use your sprayer away from the cutting first to "prime" the spray nozzle and make sure your mist is super fine. :aok:

Grats on leaves! :)

Don't soak it off... let it soak into the membrane. At least, this is what I do.

And obviously if you spray, use your sprayer away from the cutting first to "prime" the spray nozzle and make sure your mist is super fine. :aok:

Grats on leaves! :)

I should have said I was afraid to spray "with my sprayer". Not much of a mist setting. Even with the eyedropper, the drops were scary heavy when she was still hanging her head and I was afraid the drop would pull her down.
I'm thinking this is an issue with fem seeds. First time I've used them and half don't germ, some come up and die, and some don't come up at all. Every single seedling has looked weak and sickly too.
I had better results tossing bag seed in dirt.

lol... people that worry about over dampening. (I've read so much in the last few months)

I have a hard time seeing that, and maybe it's my climate. I would worry about it drying out MORE than being too damp when they are (rooted)babies! Keep her wet IMO!

The wet/dry cycle is GREAT....for a fully established (larger) root zone.

Doc, how close would you put your LED to seedlings like these?
Documentation says 30 inch, but I saw stretching and panicked, lowered it to 14 inches, been about 10 hours, they "look" okay

I would do 24" :aok:

No closer than 20" for a seedling, BUT.... I have 0 knowledge with LED's and seedlings / early veg. :(

I guess these two would be two days old now. It looks awfully wet compared to Kraven's bucket but what to do, slow that flow to a trickle ?

Looking good Pappy, I'm proud of you. Your well on your way now, Doc has good info on LED's, that's not my strong point yet. They look fine, they are doing just what they need to do. No worries about them getting to wet, that stuff just runs right through the hydroton, it just wicks a small amount over to keep everything moist. If your in a DWC or modified DWC when the first root hits the water, stop the drip rings and hold on, they veg at 200% speed in hydro. I could only veg two weeks, I flipped a 19 day old plant into bloom and that was my last grow(the BF 8 Ball Kush) which by the way is some mighty fine smoke...takes another toke :48:

Looking good Pappy, I'm proud of you. Your well on your way now, Doc has good info on LED's, that's not my strong point yet. They look fine, they are doing just what they need to do. No worries about them getting to wet, that stuff just runs right through the hydroton, it just wicks a small amount over to keep everything moist. If your in a DWC or modified DWC when the first root hits the water, stop the drip rings and hold on, they veg at 200% speed in hydro. I could only veg two weeks, I flipped a 19 day old plant into bloom and that was my last grow(the BF 8 Ball Kush) which by the way is some mighty fine smoke...takes another toke :48:

ALL CATS ARE EVIL.
And I thought I was torturing plants, eaten alive? My gawd

And Jesus, you're setting the bar pretty high here, I'm just glad they're still alive, they look frail as heck. Right now, I have no nutes, city water PH about 5.0
I'll check for roots this Sunday, 7 days and change solution.
I'll add nutes but go fo 5.5 and 200ppm ???

The pump stinks. I can handle the noise but, the thing stinks, made in China, cheap carcinogenic permanent lube I suppose, awful smelly

MANIFOLD
I saw this on one of your pictures, big fat stem divides then divides again. You trained it but didn't discuss it. I'd like to try that.

I believe PH wants to be around 5.5 no? That's what you do when you soak Rockwool or Rapid Rooter, so I would think 5.5 is the sweet spot there?

Latest posts

Back