Speed control?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most large retailers carry a unit made for dimming lights or controlling the power output. As long as the total watts of your fan is less than the parameters of the switch your all good - I think the Depot carries one for about $20 or so

I bought a fan speed controller from HTG supply for a around 25 dollars. Works great!

I would be very wary of buying a controller made for ceiling fans or lights, many of these are just not big enough or the right kind. Be sure to check the controller for watt and amps that it is able to handle.

I made my own with a router speed controller and it works better then the one HTG sells. Has a wider range of variable speeds, able to go a lot slower then the one HTG sells.ime

pcduck said:
I would be very wary of buying a controller made for ceiling fans or lights, many of these are just not big enough or the right kind. Be sure to check the controller for watt and amps that it is able to handle.

I made my own with a router speed controller and it works better then the one HTG sells. Has a wider range of variable speeds, able to go a lot slower then the one HTG sells.ime
I agree, the lower end on the controls is lame.

Are those voltage divider controllers or pulse width modulators? I would be very wary of using voltage dividers for limiting the blowers that we use.

Latest posts

Back