spidermites are eating my plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mites are infamous for surviving and becoming resistant to treatment. I think I would alternate treatments. Neem one day and iso' the next. It will require daily treatments for several days to eliminate them.
In the mean time, work on getting your RH up and ambient temp's down. It will slow the reproductive cycle and help in getting a handle on them.

Look...all of you with mites try this on 1 plant so you can see it works with no adverse effect...5 aspirin to 1 gallon of water, used as drench or foliar spray. It makes plants bug resistant. I know a few of you will say "don't put aspirin on your plant" but i've done this for years and never had a pest problem! Just try it on 1 plant and see what happens! You can give it even stronger doses(i've used 10 aspirin a gallon)...the aspirin doesn't seem to affect growth at all! It's cheap and VERY effective pest control!Btw, only feed plants aspirin ONCE!!!!

yeah mites dont like neem oil... that, mixed w/ a couple other kinds of treatments... (endall, iso, dish soap) should do the job.

Here is an update on the mite problem... I don't see any... That's pretty much the bottom line.. I am unable to find any mites at all. I used the 50% iso and 50% water with a couple of drops of dish soap; sprayed and then used neem oil at 1 part oil 10 parts water. I used the 1 to 10 mixture for watering; tried it on one plant first of course, looks like it may have done the trick.. I was going to try what hick said about alternating the sprays between neam oil and ISO but at this time I think I will stick with this method unless I see those pesky little critters back..
Last chance will be the aspirin method.. I may try that on one plant if I see that they are not dead as well....

p.s. I also added a fan about a week and a half ago...

Mr. Bud said:
Here is an update on the mite problem... I don't see any... That's pretty much the bottom line.. I am unable to find any mites at all. I used the 50% iso and 50% water with a couple of drops of dish soap; sprayed and then used neem oil at 1 part oil 10 parts water. I used the 1 to 10 mixture for watering; tried it on one plant first of course, looks like it may have done the trick.. I was going to try what hick said about alternating the sprays between neam oil and ISO but at this time I think I will stick with this method unless I see those pesky little critters back..
Last chance will be the aspirin method.. I may try that on one plant if I see that they are not dead as well....

p.s. I also added a fan about a week and a half ago...

Keep up the treatments for a couple weeks just incase some eggs/adults survive... and they should be gone.

hey if thats them little bastards that make them webs inside your pots . i have a simple solution for it and its adding 1 16th solution of peroxide to water mixure . now that is what i read on a weblink and i tryed it 2 weeks ago and no gnats nor spider mites, but then again i did set off a raid bug bomb off in the green can also so now i dont know which worked ?

Mr. Bud said:
.......Last chance will be the aspirin method.. I may try that on one plant if I see that they are not dead as well....

Did you try the aspirin method? Did it work?
By the way good luck with your plants...

i believe i messed up on my reply .ive been using hydrogen peroxide for a long time now but just discover in newer research it suppose to kill spider mites and gnats . ive just used it to aeriate roots when i think about it or when some seeds are late sprouting i give it a try. but i donno about this asprin deal yet im gonna have to give it some reasearch myself before trying. i know 1 thing your plants will probably never get a headache.

skunk said:
i believe i messed up on my reply .ive been using hydrogen peroxide for a long time now but just discover in newer research it suppose to kill spider mites and gnats . ive just used it to aeriate roots when i think about it or when some seeds are late sprouting i give it a try. but i donno about this asprin deal yet im gonna have to give it some reasearch myself before trying. i know 1 thing your plants will probably never get a headache.

Mites don't go in the soil typically.. they **** out leaf juices.... they r kinda like mosquitos, they have suckers.

i havent did too much research on them yet but im pretty sure its them little bastards that make them cobwebs on top of your soil connecting to the side of your pot that look like tiny spiders right? 1 thing i am sure of is them dam gnats been burying in my soil and ran out every time i water them well atleast they were till i mixed a solution of the peroxide and set a raid bomb off. also i may be incorrect about the peroxide killing the spider mites and maybe its just supposed to be them gnats ill have to find that thread later and post it.

I didn't try the aspirin trick because I can't find any spider mites.. Plants are now under the big lights and starting to grow well. I treated them with the ISO and water with dish soap.. I do believe that it stunted there growth. Way to much trauma. It's ok though, I would rather get some smoke out of them then having to start all over..
One question that I do have; if anyone would happen to know, is it ok to take clones off of these plants. Will stunting the growth of these mess up the future ability to clone and get great plants??? The strains are Northern Lights and Afgan...

The first one on the right is a seadling that I started..

Pic076.JPG

Mr. Bud said:
I didn't try the aspirin trick because I can't find any spider mites...

Hoping you'll never find any again on your plants....;)

i wouldnt recommend switching a plant from veg to flower as soon as they were stressed . you may get a few hermies out of it later that and smaller buds.

Latest posts

Back