Splitting leaves, and cracking stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Skunk

Reaction score
I would like to get a few different views on this subject. I really need to kick start the roots on my little ones. I understand that if i will cut a few leaves in half, I am assuming lengthwise, then the plant will tend to grow stronger roots. I am also aware of a techniqe of cracking stems in order to get more nutes to the buds. this is done by gently twisting the stem to the point of scarring the inner stem, but not breaking the stem. Are these really benificial to a grow, or is it a waste of time? My goal here is to yield the best bud, and the most bud. Sound familiar???

Never heard of the leaves thing. I tried that supercrop thing with the stems but didn't notice any benefits.

a lot of people cut the fan leaves on their clones but I have never tried. I always cut the big fan leaves off completely and just leave a few small leaves. Clones will root faster with fewer leaves. That way it consentrates on rooting instead of growing leaves.

Super Skunk said:
I would like to get a few different views on this subject. I really need to kick start the roots on my little ones. I understand that if i will cut a few leaves in half, I am assuming lengthwise, then the plant will tend to grow stronger roots. I am also aware of a techniqe of cracking stems in order to get more nutes to the buds. this is done by gently twisting the stem to the point of scarring the inner stem, but not breaking the stem. Are these really benificial to a grow, or is it a waste of time? My goal here is to yield the best bud, and the most bud. Sound familiar???

I have seen people cut half of the leaf off when cloning. I don't really understand this. I either keep it on or cut it completely off. I don't leave much "vegetation" on my clones.

Also, supercropping is generally done to make the plants shorter and bushier. I have never heard that it gets more nutes to the buds :confused:. People usually just squeeze the stem rather than twisting it.

Fiorst off, don't cut it lengthwise, some cloners cut alot of the leaf off at about 1/3 of the way up the leaf. Clones don't like to root when they have more nutrients available to grow vertically (this is why your are supposed to spray the plants down with water a good while before you take clones, that leaches nutes out, and you also aren't supposed to have fed the mom lately when you take cuttings)so with less leaves to hold nutrients, this helps speed things up a bit (supposidly, some side by side needs to be doen I think) and it also saves space if you take a bunch of clones at once.

Latest posts

Back