startng hydro...but now what???I have read so much not sure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
I am starting hydro and I dont have the room to clone the right way right now.I do have extra soil clones.My question is...Is it real bad to take dirt clone and turn it into hydro?I have read both opions.So I am so-of lost on what to do>I have to many dirt clones but dont want to kill a plant trying to cheat by useing dirt clone instead of hydro clone. Thank you for all your heelp.

Cheating???? Just wash off the clone real good and put that lil sucker into the hydro system )... Just be gentle with it and dont shock it with full nutes right away.... Should not be a problem.

tcooper1 said:
I am starting hydro and I dont have the room to clone the right way right now.I do have extra soil clones.My question is...Is it real bad to take dirt clone and turn it into hydro?I have read both opions.So I am so-of lost on what to do>I have to many dirt clones but dont want to kill a plant trying to cheat by useing dirt clone instead of hydro clone. Thank you for all your heelp.

I don't quite understand your post. You got quite a good cross section of opinions when you asked this before. I don't really think that there is a wrong way and a right way to clone, but rather there are ways that work and ways that don't work.

If you have too many dirt clones, you have nothing to lose by experimenting. I don't understand why you think that this would be cheating...

I have 5 seedlings that I took out of dirt yesterday and put into a bubbler. They were very small, with only 1 set of real leaves. It's been about a day and a half and they look happy.

mp 4-30-08 013 (3).jpg

I guess cheating was a poor word to use LOL Thank you so much...Your right "what do I have to lose" Thank you.

I always tend to establish my clones in peat plugs or soil before putting in hydro. The roots tend to grow faster for me in soil than in hydro type setups... but I've yet to try a misting cloner yet.... but there is no problem with soil -> hydro.

Rule of thumb, you want it to have only a few roots when transplanting, because you don't want it too established to the soil.

Thank you all so much!!!! My clones are looking great!!!! Never went into shock,like I thought they would......Growing like a weed....AGAIN THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

tcooper1 said:

Ive done it a bunch of times. Just rinse roots with Ph balanced water. Next time plant your clones in a "soilless medium" they are great for transplanting only they are just like aggregate..... No nutrient value period so you must add your own mild mixture when you water. Good luck

Stunzeed..

Thank you all IT WORKED OUT GREAT!!!!!!.My girls are going great......thanks again very much for all the advice
this the best site....and I have tried alot....I love it here

Latest posts

Back